Talk

Advanced search

Delayed/missing item sent using Ebay Hermes service - what can I do?

(8 Posts)
Popuppippa Tue 22-Jan-19 13:45:24

I sent a medium parcel using Hermes Ebay service as this is tracked and the item value was £50. The item should have been delivered last week but shows as at local depot but not out for delivery with courier.

I've put tracking number in and tried to contact Hermes but the message says to take it up with the retailer i.e. Ebay.

Buyer is going ballistic messaging 3/4 times each day. Who do I contact as Hermes website sends you round in circles?

LaurelAndMardy Tue 22-Jan-19 13:50:14

Did you pay for the postage label on the eBay website or on the Hermes one?

When I’ve bought on the Hermes website and the parcel has got stuck at the depot I rang up or used the online chat. They said they’d look for it but I’m not sure they ever did, but eventually they gave me a claim form and I got the payment back (and refunded the buyer).

Popuppippa Tue 22-Jan-19 13:58:33

I bought the label using Ebay so Hermes keep referring me back to Ebay! It says something like 'you need to take this matter up with your high street retailer'.

I had to chase them once before over a missing parcel. I do believe the buyer didn't recieve the item and after a couple of days they sent me an obviously fake signature and claimed it was delivered so I had to refund hmm

LaurelAndMardy Tue 22-Jan-19 14:05:10

Have you got in touch with eBay? And told them the Hermes bit says stuck at the depot?

When eBay/Hermes goes wrong it’s annoying and you often end up out of pocket so you have my sympathies.

Popuppippa Tue 22-Jan-19 14:35:53

I'm not sure how to contact Ebay. Do they have live chat?

I've just called the depot the parcel is stuck at and, surprise, surprise, nobody picks up!

19lottie82 Tue 22-Jan-19 14:39:55

Contact eBay through their live chat. Just follow the help links until you see the option.

Has the buyer opened a not received case? If not ask them to do so while you investigate.

If it doesn’t show up then you will have to refund the buyer and claim from Hermes insurance. Did you take out adequate cover?

Popuppippa Tue 22-Jan-19 14:54:27

I just contact Ebay using Live Chat. they were surprisingly helpful but said to wait a further 2/3 days. I'm hoping it will be delivered but either way the buyer is disgruntled. Time for a break from Ebay!

19lottie82 Tue 22-Jan-19 18:18:11

But what did eBay say about the label? I’d imagine it’s still Hermes responsibility, not theirs.
Try reaching out to Hermes via social media, you’re more likely to get some help from someone in the UK. As their live chat is usually not Uk based, and as you have found out, the depots aren’t great at answering their phones.

Also, You still really need to keep in touch with the buyer, but that doesn’t mean answering every message.

Send them a message saying you are looking into the situation and waiting on the courier getting back to you and in the mean time, can they open a not received case.

That gives you a week to get the issue resolved. If it doesn’t show up by then, you will need to refund (and it’s important you do this before the buyer can ask eBay to step in, otherwise eBay will just force the refund and you will receive a defect against your account).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: