Talk

Advanced search

Buyer has returned item but not opened return request

(15 Posts)
IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 16:14:49

Should i just refund them or should I ask them to do it officially and open a return request?

IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 20:21:02

Bump.

M0reGinPlease Thu 10-Jan-19 20:22:40

How did they get your address to return it? What's your policy on returns- do you accept them?

WhentheDealGoesDown Thu 10-Jan-19 20:23:08

I would ask them as I wouldn’t know you have to do that unless it’s really obvious that you have to

ChrisjenAvasarala Thu 10-Jan-19 20:24:03

Did they deffo return it, or was it returned to sender by the post office?

IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 20:29:38

I sent them my address and I said I would do a refund if they sent it back. I don’t agree with it but eBay are on the side of the buyers so have to go along with it.

Yes I’ve definitely got the item back.

Milliy Thu 10-Jan-19 20:35:18

If it's not as described and eBay has helped then it's a full refund including postage. Usually you have to pay for return postage too (if it's not as described)

Milliy Thu 10-Jan-19 20:37:09

I think a return request means you get your fees back but not sure if you get them back with just a refund. You should have really told them to open a request in the first instance.

IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 20:47:59

Thanks milliy I think I just thought they would do it anyway. I’ll have to be clearer in the future.

M0reGinPlease Thu 10-Jan-19 21:14:47

eBay would have helped you if a request had been opened. I think you've left yourself open there by saying you'd refund.

IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 21:21:32

What can you do though? They would just open a not as described case and then I’d have to pay to get it sent back.

M0reGinPlease Thu 10-Jan-19 21:37:36

eBay won't charge you if you've been genuine. I had this recently and even though the item had been returned to me, eBay ruled in my favour and the buyer was not refunded as I hadn't misdescribed the item as she claimed.

IgnatiusReillysHat Thu 10-Jan-19 22:05:29

Ah I see. Yes another time I won’t do it this way. With this one I think they’ve damaged it and it’s my word against theirs with eBay and I know which way they’ll go. So at least this way I’ve saved the return postage.

jessstan2 Thu 10-Jan-19 22:11:00

If you accept returns, just refund them & call it a day.

19lottie82 Fri 11-Jan-19 12:33:40

You can submit a cancellation request. Do this then ask the buyer to accept it, then refund them. This way you will get your seller fees back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: