The bidding has just closed (4hrs ago) on one of my for sale items. The bidder has yet to pay & I have now received a substantially higher offer. I have messaged highest bidder asking her to pat ASAP ( by tomorrow) but if she delays, can I just sell to higher offer? Any thoughts/experiences much appreciated.
Thanks for all the useful replies - a big help! The highest bidder is someone with no ebay profile, so I assume some clueless newbie who spotted it on lie, got involved with bidding & now does not know what to do. I picked up via ebay that I have to give her two days, then formally raise the issue with ebay, etc, etc. The higher offer is from an ebay trader, but when I tried to send my paypal details, I was blocked by ebay. Plan is to go thru the “not paid” rigamarole, and if no money forthcoming, I will re-list & notify high bidder so she can buy it from me then if she wants. At least I now know it will sell & have an indication of its market value.I will also block the auction winner.
Update: highest bidder has now contacted me. I opened an “Unpaid” case with ebay. Tale of woe - in hospital with pneumonia ( yeah, right) but can pay on Tues. Probably got caught out, short of funds. I said I would have to receive funds by Tues at 3. If she didn’t comply, she will get whatever sort of black Mark ebay gives you for failing to pay. As I do not trust her to pay, would I be within my rights to list the article again? If she does pay, I can cancel the sale, if not, then at least I am back on the market sooner rather than later. Or would this break an ebay rule. Thanks for input, I have had an ebay account for years, but only list specialised relatively high value stuff, so not as experienced as some.
If she doesn’t pay by the agreed time then just close out the non payment case, you will get your fees refunded and you are free to relist. And if you have to go down their route don’t forget to block them from bidding on your items again.
I was thinking of putting it on as a new listing now; the item is seasonal, so I really need it on the market. I am really cheesed off that she waited til the last minute to respond to my numerous messages. Would there be repercussions if I did this. I have cancelled ebay listings in the past.
Well, I have had yet another non-payer! I think the ebay sanctions for non-payment must be minimal. This is for clothing. I don’t think Iwill sell clothes on eBay again. I have a vintage designer item, but I am going to find another web site for this. First time I got a good price & lots of competition, then f*****g buyer stiffed me. Second listing I couldn’t get reserve on. Pants.