Talk

Advanced search

New Year EBay Challenge

(21 Posts)
Clutterfreeintraining Thu 27-Dec-18 13:13:57

Anyone fancy joining me?
I sold quite a few high value items before Christmas which has given me the eBay bug again. My mission for the rest of my time off is to get my eBay stash under control and as much of it listed as possible.
I'm keeping my higher value items until there's a £1 selling promo but I have mountains of clothes and other smaller items waiting to list.

CMH123 Thu 27-Dec-18 22:57:56

Me please!

Handsoffmysweets Thu 27-Dec-18 22:59:05

I’m using Vinted and had loads of success with it last year. I love a good declutter!

Clutterfreeintraining Fri 28-Dec-18 07:24:53

Hi CMH123 and Handsoffmysweets.
Any top tips for using vinted? My friend's DD has sold things on there but my friend seems to get stung on the postage!!

Handsoffmysweets Sat 29-Dec-18 08:57:14

I charge £2.95 for postage and that covers the cost of Royal Mail second class tracked x

Clutterfreeintraining Sat 05-Jan-19 23:01:31

First two sold items of the year!! £23 smile

Weirdly, they are the same items and have been listed for several months. A bit strange that they sell within a couple of days of each other, after no interest up until now hmm

I'm still waiting for a £1 max selling fee promo. I've got a couple of higher value items that I'm waiting to list.

Clutterfreeintraining Sun 20-Jan-19 07:57:56

Max £1 selling fee promo alert!!!!!!
Typically, I'm away this weekend and only just seen it but I do have a couple of items waiting for this very promotion grin

SpeckledDot Sun 20-Jan-19 08:04:30

I really aught to get listing again. I sold loads before christmas and have given up recently. Posting to follow

Clutterfreeintraining Sun 20-Jan-19 09:10:59

Get back on it, speckled!!

I've been quite slow listing things since Christmas because I've been waiting for the promotion but have sold 3 things that have been listed/relisted for several months.

My total is £35 so far.

Amazonian27 Sun 20-Jan-19 09:15:11

eBay £1 promo on this weekend. Items have to sell first time around.

I have a large item to sell for DH his old Mac and some clothes and bits and bats best get photographing this afternoon and an old jacket of DH’s hardly worn that he was going to bin.

Clutterfreeintraining Mon 21-Jan-19 17:27:45

How did you get on with the photographing?

I really should have got some things ready. I still might...there are two coats waiting to go on (Joules & Fat Face) - similar items have sold well recently so I need to pull my finger out and get them on!!

Amazonian27 Mon 21-Jan-19 18:43:56

Hi Clutter - DH got his old Mac (computer not dirty raincoat) on last night and I have sorted through my wardrobe today (teen DS had already sorted out 3 or 4 things that were too small for him) so will have about 22 listings on by this evening if not more (and have much more room and tidier wardrobes). So a boring but productive day off today also found some things I thought i’d lost 😂

Amazonian27 Mon 21-Jan-19 18:44:26

PS Ebay offer finishes at midnight tonight.

Clutterfreeintraining Tue 22-Jan-19 00:59:58

Ooh, well done!
I fell asleep blush

Clutterfreeintraining Sat 02-Feb-19 18:30:45

There's another £1 selling promo this weekend!!
Just listed three items and will aim for a few more tonight/tomorrow.

19lottie82 Sat 02-Feb-19 19:46:18

“There's another £1 selling promo this weekend!!
Just listed three items“

It doesn’t kick in until midnight tonight. So maybe take them down and relist tomorrow?

Clutterfreeintraining Sat 02-Feb-19 20:08:29

Oh really? That's annoying!! WIll go and cancel them. Have had lots of interest in two items aswell angry

Clutterfreeintraining Sat 02-Feb-19 20:28:25

Thanks for the heads up. I've cancelled them and will list again tomorrow. Do you know if I can just relist or do I have to make a whole new listing?

19lottie82 Sat 02-Feb-19 22:54:44

You will just be able to reactivate the cancelled listing.

Clutterfreeintraining Sat 02-Feb-19 23:27:00

Brilliant, thank you.
I've already agreed a price on one item with a local buyer so am keen to get that arranged ASAP. I'll stay up until midnight and get it all back on.

Clutterfreeintraining Sun 03-Feb-19 08:10:07

Items went back on after midnight and one sold this morning - yay!
Going to rummage for some more higher value items today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »