Talk

Advanced search

What can I do?

(16 Posts)
mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 11:36:05

I bought a Fitbit of eBay, the seller listed the item as new, when I've opened it it's obvious it's not new and has a large scratch on the screen- what can I do?

slappinthebass Wed 19-Dec-18 11:37:12

Message seller first then you open a dispute from the resolution centre.

mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 11:37:26

Just to add it cost over £100

babysharkah Wed 19-Dec-18 11:38:26

Open a disputed resolution. How did you pay?

mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 11:44:55

I payed through PayPal, I'm quite upset it was suppose to be a Christmas gift

mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 11:51:47

Just looking through the options on the eBay resolution centre- do I request to return the item to the buyer?
I've messaged the buyer but so response as of yet

19lottie82 Wed 19-Dec-18 15:24:10

Yes, just open a dispute / return request through the resolution centre. There’s not much point in messaging the seller as the end result will always be a return request anyway.

Request to return the item and Select a reason like “photos not match the item” or “item is misdescribed”

Twinningsloverbutnotanymore Wed 19-Dec-18 15:35:04

You can ring Paypal as well - I have been here (not with the same amount of money but close) they open a case on your behalf and if they don't hear anything they will try to get your money back. Worth calling them and doing as everyone else has stated on Ebay

19lottie82 Wed 19-Dec-18 16:37:02

I’d always advise an eBay dispute in the first instance. (You can’t open an eBay dispute and a PayPal one at the same time)

Returning an item is simpler with eBay as they will issue you with a pre paid returns label.

mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 20:52:17

Thank you all for the advice, the buyer has responded and said he would be happy to credit me with £10, I mean I'm not really happy with that.

WitBeyondMeasure Wed 19-Dec-18 20:54:39

@mumbojumb then you respond and inform the seller that is not an acceptable resolution to you. You bought the item as a gift and expected a brand new in damaged item as listed.
Inform them you will be returning the item and open a return through eBay. Ensure you select the "item not as listed" option which should give you a free post return label

FamilyOfAliens Wed 19-Dec-18 20:55:04

Do not accept the partial refund.

If the item was described as brand new and it’s damaged, say you want a full refund and will go through eBay for it.

Don’t accept him refunding you outside of eBay, whatever you do.

mumbojumb Wed 19-Dec-18 23:36:16

Ok so after declining his offer of £10 he has now offered me £25 back

FamilyOfAliens Wed 19-Dec-18 23:42:15

Don’t accept that either.

Say no thank you. File a return request with eBay for a full return plus postage.

mumbojumb Thu 20-Dec-18 07:40:09

Yes I have declined it, I have put in a return request also

19lottie82 Thu 20-Dec-18 13:43:36

If they don’t cooperate just ask eBay to step in and help (I think you have to leave it a week, until this option will appear) and they will enforce the return.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: