Talk

Advanced search

Really deeply pissed off

(12 Posts)
GretchenFranklin Tue 04-Dec-18 14:16:30

GGrrr. I wanted a winter jacket for DS so thought I'd look on ebay which I love normally.

Went for a man's puffa in small/medium, nice designer name. The thing arrives and is far too small. DS is 14 and a literal beanpole btw. The sleeves don't reach the end of his arms!

Seller refusing to refund and I'm so pissed off and fed up with the waste of time and money. I will have to sell it on as a boys' coat.

SpoonBlender Tue 04-Dec-18 14:46:35

Did the return/refund options say you could? Open a case with eBay about it.

If they didn't, suck it up and sell it on. You got the service you chose.

19lottie82 Tue 04-Dec-18 15:00:06

Did you check the measurements from the manufacturers website before you purchased, or did you just assume it would fit? If the latter I don’t think it would be fair to open a case.

Unfortunately private eBay sellers are not shops, so it’s important to be sure something will fit before buying it.

Or purchase from a business seller, then you have the legal right to return for a refund.

GhostSauce Tue 04-Dec-18 15:16:40

Did the listing say returns accepted?

AE1234 Tue 04-Dec-18 16:18:43

What size did it say? Open a case

AE1234 Tue 04-Dec-18 16:19:43

Meant to add S/M most definitely should for a slim 14 year old so definitely sold as not advertised. Open a dispute

MamaMilkMachine Tue 04-Dec-18 16:26:20

Was the brand Kings Will Dream? My sister just had the same experience!

GretchenFranklin Tue 04-Dec-18 18:17:47

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I have no leg to stand on sadgrin

The coat was sold as 'medium', which to be fair is the sizing actually on the coat, and - also to be fair - the seller said it was quite small and fitted so described it as s/m.

If it was a boy's coat I would know it wouldn't fit because Ds is tall, so I buy a man size coat. (boring myself now I do apologise)

Anyway I bought Ds a Man Coat from Sains. (and it's a bit big on him).

MikeUniformMike Wed 05-Dec-18 21:58:42

Go through ebay if you think it was not described correctly.
If your son is exceptionally tall the relist it yourself. I think I would expect a medium to be ok for someone about 5'9" or 5'10".

19lottie82 Wed 05-Dec-18 22:22:09

Mike, but the OP says the jacket is a designer brand, so surely the measurements would be easy to find online?

I understand the OP is P’d off, but if you sold a jacket that was clearly labelled as a medium, and a buyer forced a return based on it being “misdescribed”, would you not be pissed off also?

A medium is not universal throughout all makes, sizes can differ greatly.

Kneesbend Thu 06-Dec-18 21:55:45

And that’s why every single item of clothing I sell is photographed with a tape measure...

Everyone knows where they stand then.

lljkk Fri 07-Dec-18 20:33:50

sounds like your mistake. I understand that being annoying but not seller's fault. Quickly try to resell it so you can get most your money back?

As mistakes go, might not be that expensive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »