Talk

Advanced search

Buyer wants to return.

(4 Posts)
Dumbledoresgirl Wed 28-Nov-18 18:29:03

I have just messed up a return. I have never had to accept a return before and, in a bit of an emotional state, I jumped at the process and have gone about it all wrong. What can I do?

Basically, a buyer asked to return something for what I thought was a very trivial reason. I said yes of course, but wouldn't it be easier for her to fix the tiny fault? She said yes ok but I should offer her a refund.

At this point I allowed the massive stresses I am under at the moment rule and I replied saying I would rather accept the return rather than refund her anything. She agreed to this but rather snippily reminded me not to forget the postage label.

I looked and saw eBay would charge me over £3 for the return label or I could upload one myself. I misunderstood what the £3 covered and what an address label is (I presume it is one of those prepaid postage labels?) Anyway, I simply sent her my address typed out, which is obviously the wrong thing. But now eBay won't let me send her a prepaid postage label because, as far as they are concerned, I have already sent a label.

What to do?

RedWineAllMine Thu 29-Nov-18 23:36:53

Have you sorted this now? Tell her you will refund her the postage once item is received. (You can do this via PayPal) Explain what's happened and remind her that you didn't have to accept the return.

Dumbledoresgirl Mon 03-Dec-18 00:53:24

I don't know what is going on, to be honest. I have heard nothing more from her and the status on the sale just says I have started a return. I think she has until 6th Dec to post it back to me?

19lottie82 Mon 03-Dec-18 10:42:51

If you haven’t issued a pre paid returns label then the buyer can ask eBay to step in and help on the 6th.

And yes, you did have to accept the return, so I wouldn’t throw that line in!

Call eBay and explained what’s happened they should be able to reset the return label option so you can purchase one and re send it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: