Talk

Advanced search

How to kickstart an unsuccessful ebay transaction (both parties want to proceed)

(3 Posts)
ChilliJamandAvocado Wed 31-Oct-18 15:27:25

Bought an item a couple of weeks ago. Payment failed because my credit card wasn't activated on Paypal. ALSO, the seller's account was blocked because it had been dormant for some time... the new payment was "pending" in PP for some time, before I cancelled it.

When I go into the Order Details for the item in my purchase history, there's a red text box with "This order wasn't successful. Order cost has not been included in the total amount."

Seller and I have been in contact. I want her to send me a reissued invoice, so that the payment is done within Ebay. But in her seller's history there seems to be no option to reissue invoice from the drop down menu.

Is there anyway round this?

If I just send her the payment via Paypal direct, will I be covered if the transaction/parcel goes awry? From what I can tell she seems genuine, but of course is a stranger on the internet. Thanks!

Monday55 Thu 01-Nov-18 04:08:20

Seller might have to open an "unpaid item" case so that they can be reimbursed the seller fees. And then they can relist the product for you to buy it again.

lljkk Sun 04-Nov-18 07:31:14

Could OP request to cancel, maybe?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: