Talk

Advanced search

Cancel order or open unpaid item?

(3 Posts)
baabi Mon 22-Oct-18 12:38:42

Have looked at ebay boards and still unsure what is best to protect myself. Sold something over the weekend for slightly more than expected but not overly so. Received message this morning saying they no longer want it as they got it somewhere else. I have texted back asking them to confirm that they would like to cancel the order before I go ahead and do it. No reply up to now. So not sure if I should cancel it or should I open an unpaid item straight away? Can I still open an upaid item after cancelling the order if they don't reply? I would prefer to cancel and get it done with than having to mess with refunds after and bad feelings. I have been selling on ebay for years without issues, but they have made so many changes in favour of buyers lately that I don't know how to protect myself as a seller in this case. Thank you.

isseywithcats Mon 22-Oct-18 16:34:50

The buyer has messaged you to say they dont want it now just cancel the order and for the reason the buyer requested cancellation, will be much simpler than doing non payer as you have to wait so many days before you can close , and you should hopefully have resold it in that time

FrayedHem Mon 22-Oct-18 19:15:13

I think you need to get the buyer to request cancellation (clicking on the item there will be a request cancellation option somewhere) so you get the fees credited back. If they don't respond I'd open a non-payment case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »