Talk

Advanced search

Payment reminders vs opening non payment case

(4 Posts)
FrayedHem Sun 21-Oct-18 11:02:10

I usually send a polite reminder on the second day then one more a day or so after. I don't sell loads on eBay but this has worked so far.

But an item sold in a bidding frenzy and I suspect the successful bidder won't pay as it did go for more than I was expecting, and there is a BIN of the same item cheaper atm.

Would it be harsh of me to open a non-payment case as soon as allowed? I have sent an invoice reminder with polite note. It is a popular item and I'm sure it will sell.

19lottie82 Sun 21-Oct-18 14:53:38

No, open a non payment cases ASAP, no point messing about with these sort of things.

FrayedHem Mon 22-Oct-18 09:25:32

Thanks. I did open one and they've paid! I'm surprised and a little dubious but I'm sending it 2nd class small package so at least it will have some tracking....

FrayedHem Mon 22-Oct-18 15:13:15

Well thay escalated. I've started getting messages from the buyer. He's claiming he'd paid before I'd opened the non payment case and also complaining about opening the non payment case when I hadn't even dispatched it and general angry nonsense with lots of !!!!! I dispatched and he immediately requested a return which I've declined.

Argh

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »