Talk

Advanced search

Seller keeps cancelling bids

(12 Posts)
Fang2468 Fri 03-Aug-18 21:48:14

I bid on 3 items and all were winning at 99p. Shortly before the auction ended the bids were cancelled and now they are relisted. There is no reason shown in the bid history as to why my bids were cancelled. All I can think is it’s becsyse the seller doesn’t want to sell for 99p. Is there anything I can do?

Fang2468 Fri 03-Aug-18 21:48:42

Sorry titled should be SELLER keep cancelling bids!!

LlamaPyjamas Fri 03-Aug-18 21:49:33

Report to EBay? The seller is supposed to pay extra to set a reserve price, not cancel the auction at the last minute.

Fang2468 Fri 03-Aug-18 21:53:46

Thanks, I’ve done that now. The format was just pre set categories, so I’ve done it under ‘fraudulent’. There wasn’t anything else more suitable - very annoying!!

Fang2468 Tue 07-Aug-18 13:09:03

They’ve done it again in a different item now! That’s 4 times. I’ve had no reply from the report of their items so I guess I’ll just swerve this seller.

Doyoumind Tue 07-Aug-18 13:12:24

I thought you couldn't cancel if there was a limited amount of time left on the auction? I would report them.

Fang2468 Tue 07-Aug-18 13:19:11

There was 1 day left on this. The others were done with less time than that remaining.
I don’t understand it, I’ve bid on the relisted item but I bet that’s cancelled too.
I don’t see why else they wouldn’t want to accept my bids, I’ve got 100% good feedback over 10 years +

ginswinger Sat 11-Aug-18 20:14:57

Sellers can cancel an auction up to 24 hours before the end which makes sense if they are going to sell at a price that's not favourable. If you're bidding on four items meaning they're going to lose four times over, no wonder they are going to cancel! Try just bidding on one and see if it slips past them.

I know it's annoying for you but so is selling at a radically reduced price for the seller

TimesNewRoman Sat 11-Aug-18 20:29:53

The seller should be putting their start price up then. If you don't want to accept less than £2 for something, why list at £0.99?! Madness.
I would boycott this seller just for being a PITA.

ginswinger Sat 11-Aug-18 20:56:18

It's because of the way Ebay works, prioritising items with a lower starting price and making them stand out to buyers. The seller then hopes that this will attract more bids.

Fang2468 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:00:45

Yes, I’m not bothering with the seller anymore now.

xsquared Fri 31-Aug-18 23:13:09

If the seller is not happy about letting the item go for 99p, then they should start at the minimum they are prepared to accept. It doesn't cost any more to list more than 99p.

My strategy, as a seller, is usually to start at a realistic high price and allow ebayers to negotiate a reduction, so that they feel that they're getting a bargain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: