Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Oh for fuck sake

(16 Posts)
sobeyondthehills Thu 26-Jul-18 02:18:57

I did this thread a few days ago
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/ebay/3314660-Help-with-a-reply-message

Replied to the lady saying she is welcome to return for a full refund and she has replied that she doesn't want to waste the petrol to return and I can come to her. I have taken paypal lesson learnt But I have no rhyme or reason to go to hers to collect some perfectly good fucking clothes, so where do I go from here? Do I just take the hit, surely its up to her to return them?

Smurf123 Thu 26-Jul-18 02:27:03

If she bought clothes from a shop she decided she had an issue with would she expect said store come to get house to collect them...
I would just say no. As with any item bought from a store in order to return the items for a full refund it is the customers responsiblity to return the items to store.
Tell her again you are happy to give her a refund if she has changed her mind about the clothes but she must bring them to you for you to proceed the refund. (Or tell her she is welcome to pay to return them by recorded delivery - she must provide proof of postage in case you don't receive the items)

NT53NJT Thu 26-Jul-18 02:29:11

Tell her to jog on.

19lottie82 Thu 26-Jul-18 10:21:06

As above! The ball is in her court how she wants to proceed.

Quangot Thu 26-Jul-18 10:31:22

"We do not offer a collection service for returning items. Any returns are to be arranged by the customer using a tracked method".

PotteryLady Thu 26-Jul-18 10:59:15

She needs to return for a refund.

sobeyondthehills Sun 29-Jul-18 01:18:39

Thank you for all your help, I told her she needed to return the items, she sent me an abusive message and then left me negative feedback

19lottie82 Sun 29-Jul-18 04:02:36

Telephone eBay and speak to someone. They should remove the feedback. If they don’t, call again and speak to someone else. Success rate on removing feedback can very much depend on who you speak to.

jellypeanuts Sun 29-Jul-18 04:45:08

Double cross her. Without tracking info for a return, it’s unlikely PayPal will refund. Go and collect and fain innocence.

NEFink Sun 29-Jul-18 05:25:35

I bet she does this every day to people (and then car boots the clothes)

Make her bloody return them.

sobeyondthehills Sun 29-Jul-18 12:19:11

I have managed to get the feedback removed which to be honest was my main concern.

The whole thing has left me with a nasty taste in my mouth

19lottie82 Sun 29-Jul-18 22:13:34

Double cross her. Without tracking info for a return, it’s unlikely PayPal will refund. Go
and collect and fain innocence.

This would be fraud/ theft and illegal. Not a good idea!

OurMiracle1106 Sun 29-Jul-18 22:16:22

I would leave her negative feedback.

sobeyondthehills Sun 29-Jul-18 22:49:21

I think now that they have removed the feedback she left, I am just going to leave it and put it down to bad luck

SistersOfPercy Mon 30-Jul-18 17:03:01

@OurMiracle1106
Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for about 7 years!

wowfudge Thu 09-Aug-18 13:16:12

Make sure you block her so she can't bid on anything you are selling in future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: