Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Two items ‘not received’ by buyers in two weeks

(12 Posts)
Cherrypips Sun 08-Jul-18 08:04:02

Getting seriously pissed off... two different buyers have claimed they did not receive their items in the last 2 weeks. I’ve never had delivery trouble before and for the cost of the items, £7 and £3, it is hardly worth sending by signed for.
What are your thoughts/experiences - is it best just adding signed for option on every item?

Ellafruit1 Sun 08-Jul-18 08:06:13

Ask the post office for ‘proof of posting’ - you can get that without paying for ‘signed for’. It’s just a receipt with the postcode on but then you can upload to disputed the claim

Ellafruit1 Sun 08-Jul-18 08:06:31

*upload it to dispute the claim

Cherrypips Sun 08-Jul-18 08:45:52

I always get proof of postage, you are stuffed anyway, because an unscrupulous buyer will stick to their guns and if they don’t get a refund, give crap feedback

Cherrypips Sun 08-Jul-18 08:46:41

Also, I now always print the address from eBay to minimise the chance of error

Sarahjconnor Sun 08-Jul-18 08:50:45

This is why I stopped eBaying. Sold 8 boxes of Lego - all perfect and complete. 2 said they didn’t arrive, 2 said not as described - they were.

I only do collection and sold as seen now. People can be horrible.

cornishmumtobe Sun 08-Jul-18 08:59:31

Have you considered claiming through Royal Mail's compensation policy?

Inkornoink Sun 08-Jul-18 09:04:55

It’s just a risk of posting not recorded. A proof of postage receipt will enable you to claim the cost of the item back from Royal Mail, not to dispute an ‘item not received’ claim.

FWIW, I’m generally happy to pay an extra couple of quid for recorded delivery.

I’m having the opposite eBay frustration at the moment, bought 2 items last week, neither cheap, and both arrived and were not as described (one was 2 sizes different to advertised, and the other a far lower spec than stated on the listing). In both circumstances the buyers have been really shitty about returns, it can be such a waste of time!

19lottie82 Sun 08-Jul-18 13:37:53

It’s just a risk of posting not recorded. A
proof of postage receipt will enable you to
claim the cost of the item back from Royal Mail, not to dispute an ‘item not received’
claim.

Not true.

For small / medium parcels, proof of posting now has a reference number on the receipt. Enter this online on the Royal Mail website and you will get a delivery status. As long as it shows as delivered, this is enough to win a not received case if you upload it against the sales record.

Inkornoink Mon 09-Jul-18 10:59:05

Not true.

For small / medium parcels, proof of posting now has a reference number on the receipt. Enter this online on the Royal Mail website and you will get a delivery status. As long as it shows as delivered, this is enough to win a not received case if you upload it against the sales record.

Thank you - that’s really useful to know, I stand corrected!

ToadOfSadness Fri 20-Jul-18 10:26:11

Don't forget the regular postie might be on holiday and the temp may not be doing the job well.

I have been nipping out quickly recently because our regular one has taken to dumping my parcels in the middle of the doorstep, in front of the door rather than wait around in the heat. There have been scavengers around picking stuff up from gardens and I moved the 'safe place' as it had been tampered with so he just dumped it.

I know it is easy to suspect the buyer. Check feedback before you post for things like 'sorry your item was lost in the post' then you will be forewarned. Also check the address on Google, blocks of flats and student places can be a problem. Not a lot you can do, but I sometimes pay the extra £1.00 for peace of mind, once the tracking is entered it deters dodgy behaviour. Having said that, my neighbours often get my mail, including signed for, that has just been shoved through the letterbox and the people in the next road get mine and I get theirs. Some I never get at all.

lljkk Sat 21-Jul-18 09:09:22

"Check feedback before you post for things like 'sorry your item was lost in the post' "

How would this help? You can't refuse to post to them just because they have that in feedback. You could be hyper vigilant & check f/back as soon as someone bids & cancel their bids if the F/bk looks dodgy (if cancelling bids is still possible), but that's no good for BIN listings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: