Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Retracting bids?

(5 Posts)
chloesmumtoo Wed 04-Jul-18 09:20:18

I am selling a couple cheap items. This bidder placed the aprox starting price bid on two of my items. Then on only one of the auctions, retracted bid as was a penny over starting price and reason entered wrong amount. within 40 mins it looks like she retracted/did it again on the same item. Penny more and retracted? Entered wrong amount. Should I be concerned? That auction has no bids currently but they are my only bidder on another item that I am happy selling for the starting price (4.99). Just can't understand why they did that twice on other item (which is only £1,99) or whether there is a reason for this? Maybe just error but twice? They seem to have all good feedback too.

19lottie82 Wed 04-Jul-18 15:36:41

There are oddballs in every walk of life..... ebay included!

chloesmumtoo Thu 05-Jul-18 00:05:56

grin Now they have just this minute cancelled their other bid saying entered wrong amount! That is 3 times now so I have blocked them. Very odd.

19lottie82 Thu 05-Jul-18 00:35:44

Good, I was going to suggest blocking them - you did the right thing!

Be prepared for messages asking why they can’t bid on your items, but just ignore.

chloesmumtoo Thu 05-Jul-18 07:27:31

Ok will do, thanks for that 19lottie82

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: