Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Negative feedback

(12 Posts)
mrsjackrussell Wed 13-Jun-18 21:03:40

I sold an item and the buyer asked to return it. It wasn't faulty so I asked her to pay postage costs to return it. She didn't want to and continued to argue with me. I got so fed up I refused the return and she has now left me awful feedback. Iv been selling and buying on ebay for years and never had this before. Iv sent eBay an email but I'm so stressed out over it. Where would I stand with this?

melse2964 Thu 14-Jun-18 00:29:44

Hi can i just say i have had this problem in the past with buyers on ebay, if the person wanted to return it they shud definetly pay for postage thats ridiculous and then to go ahead an leave bad feedback.. dont worry about it ... i had a few ppl leave bad feedback for petty silly reasons and it didnt affect my selling.

mrsjackrussell Thu 14-Jun-18 06:16:53

Thankyou for your reply it's put my mind at rest. smile I called eBay too and they said nothing they can do about it. I can't leave the buyer negative feedback either. Next time I will just accept the return straight away. Just seems so unfair.

19lottie82 Thu 14-Jun-18 09:30:52

What was the buyers reason for wanting to return it?

mrsjackrussell Thu 14-Jun-18 12:39:51

She never looked at the size properly and said that it was too small. In her original message she said that I had misdescribed it but I never. In later message she admitted that she hadn't read the description. So she was trying it on to get a refund and trying to get me to pay postage. She was so unreasonable I refused the refund eventually. Then she gave the neg feedback. EBay said that they can't do anything about it as that's her opinion and freedom of speech etc.

RedWineAllMine Thu 14-Jun-18 14:56:13

So what about our opinion for shitty buyers, where is our freedom of speech etc? I'm sick of sellers being shit on all the time. Ebay have just sent me a research questionnaire to fill in and I will be speaking my mind.
It was her fault for not reading the description. Makes me mad how buyers think they are entitled to everything.

mrsjackrussell Thu 14-Jun-18 19:11:05

I don't sell much on there. I mostly buy but it's put me right off. It's OK for the big sellers but when you only sell a few bits it's not worth it.

ToadOfSadness Thu 14-Jun-18 21:16:05

It is worth phoning Ebay again, sometimes when you get a different rep you get a different result. Or try live chat. If you have excellent feedback and star ratings other than this it can help when they check, and make sure they read the message where she said she was wrong.

Report the buyer too.

mrsjackrussell Thu 14-Jun-18 22:08:06

Thanks I think that I will try again. It's really stressed me out as I hate arguments even if I don't know the person and its online

mrsjackrussell Fri 15-Jun-18 05:50:28

Result grin I opened a case against the buyer late last night. Woke up this morning to a lovely email from an eBay rep and overnight it's been investigated and the feedback removed. They were useless when I rang up but this worked. Thankyou for all of your help.

kingjofferyworksintescos Fri 15-Jun-18 07:28:35

I'm glad it's been sorted out for you

I've just had almost the same scenario with a buyer , finding a nonexistent problem and after fully reimbursing her also insisting on my sending more money as postage for her to return the item , I am wondering that given the item cost a small amount she knows it's not my interest financially to send her postage money to return and that I will say keep the item - so she "legally" has stolen it - I'm sure some buyers do this , I will be reporting this to eBay

Don't forget to add your buyer to your banned bidding list , you don't need her to buy again !

eBay is great for getting shot of a few bits and bobs , great help when I was moving but sadly a few petty buyers put me and many others off using it

mrsjackrussell Fri 15-Jun-18 07:42:24

Thanks yes Iv banned her. It's a shame that people have to do this but I really didn't think I would get this resolved so do feel better about selling on there. You're right it does really put you off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: