Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Alternatives to eBay?

(7 Posts)
TypsTrycks Thu 24-May-18 10:31:16

I have a huge bunch of clothes from my old (younger) life that I am trying to sell on eBay but the sales have been very very slow even at ridiculously low prices for the quality.

I was wondering if there are better ways to get rid of a large number of clothing pieces and accessories in one go? Are there car boot sales for example in the London area where clothes sell easily? Anything like the NCT sales for adult clothes?

nipersvest Thu 24-May-18 10:35:20

other online places to try are Facebook local selling groups, Depop, and ASOS marketplace.

19lottie82 Thu 24-May-18 10:53:37

Have you tried selling your clothes on eBay in bundles?

TypsTrycks Thu 24-May-18 11:34:16

Thanks for the ideas! Bundled selling was even slower (unless I went under £10 for all) so didn't really work out. I will try out FB and Depop. Not convinced my workwear will sell on ASOS but some accessories might sell there.

ToadOfSadness Sat 26-May-18 12:13:44

I was going to suggest Ebid, have sold some things on there over the years but not sure about clothes as mine sell on Ebay, it just takes a while and a few re-lists, tweaks to the title, change of photos.

Perhaps your photos and descriptions could be improved? Add measurements if you don't have them, with a tape measure in the photos and plenty of photos. I no longer bother asking sellers for the length or waist measurement etc. if they can't be bothered to put it on the listing, I just go and find one that has and buy that instead. The amount of listings that say 'Size 10' and expect you to know the measurements is ridiculous.

Fabric is important, what is it made of? Is it lined?

TypsTrycks Tue 29-May-18 18:04:58

@ToadOfSadness That's very interesting - I hadn't even thought about the measurements. I will start adding them in. Also I wonder if it would make any difference if I used pictures of me wearing the clothes versus them just suspended on hangers - do you think the way it's seen is a problem?

robin64 Tue 29-May-18 18:51:16

Always put the measurements, it saves lots of hassle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: