Talk

Advanced search

Want to withdraw item. Will I have to pay

(8 Posts)
Olympiathequeen Sat 21-Apr-18 13:31:26

My hot tub is on eBay. I haven’t inflated, filled or checked it yet so I put up a stock photo I found.

The bidding is higher than I expected and I think people have been misled by the photo. I put in the description I hadn’t inflated etc it yet, but would to demonstrate it was working.

I want to end the listing and put it up when it is filled with real photos.

It looks like I’ll have to pay two lots of fees though.

WeAreEternal Sat 21-Apr-18 13:39:52

Is the stock photo you used the exact same make/model as the one you are selling?

Ragaroo Sat 21-Apr-18 13:42:13

As long as it's the same make / model and you accurately described the condition in the description, then I wouldn't worry... people are generally aware that other eBayers use stock images sometimes.

Olympiathequeen Sat 21-Apr-18 14:35:46

Yes, it’s the same model.

Maybe just leave it and put in the description it’s a stock photo but they can see my hot tub up and running before they take it.
Pain in the bum though that is!

Doyoumind Sat 21-Apr-18 14:42:51

You can still make changes to the listing once it's live.

Jollyandbright Mon 23-Apr-18 08:27:03

IF it’s the same make/model as the photo and you have stated clearly that’s it is brand new in box, never opened or inflated/filled then people will obviously know that the photo isn’t of the actual hot tub.

And personally I wouldn’t be inflating/filling it to show the buyer it.

I’d put in the listing that it is brand new, unused, never taken out of the box/inflated or filled and that to my knowledge it is in perfect working order and it is sold as seen.
(I always put that last bit at the bottom of listings)

Also only accept cash if it is being collected (never take Paypal)

SuburbanRhonda Mon 23-Apr-18 08:30:26

Or you could fill it and add photos of the actual item to your listing, which you can still do.

I’m surprised you’ve got so many bids. I would never buy an item with just a stock photo in the listing and if the buyer wouldn’t put an actual photo up I wouldn’t bid.

notabee Mon 23-Apr-18 08:33:20

I'm assuming you mean you've not inflated or checked it this year?
Ie it's used.
You I need to be sure it's working if selling on eBay (on anywhere) and it's not developed a fault over the winter, it happens through pipe freezing (if not throughly drained) or a rodent may have had a little nibble.
A stock photo is fine though as long as it clearly states used if that's the case

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: