Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Different address

(5 Posts)
wowfudge Wed 14-Feb-18 14:27:47

I bought an item of clothing as a Christmas gift. The recipient has only just tried it and it doesn't fit. Although beyond the 30 day returns period the seller has offered me a refund as they don't have the different size to swap it for. The address the seller has given in the message offering a refund is different from the address in the seller's information. I've queried this. Should I send it to the new address or not risk it?

19lottie82 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:55:12

Well I’d normally say no, but it’s after 30 days so the seller is under no obligation to accept your return. If you refuse to send it back to that address then the buyer could refuse to accept it.

It’s really up to you. The risk is minimal, but it’s still there.

wowfudge Thu 15-Feb-18 10:43:21

I've sent it - I've got the trail of messages confirming I should send it to the other address and I have proof of posting and it will need to be signed for.

CraftyJojo Thu 15-Feb-18 11:10:12

This isnt unusal - our registered address shown on eBay listings is also different to our returns address - this is simply as our company is registered at the main home address, yet we dispatch our goods from our nearby Office/Warehouse location and so items need to be returned to there.
Ebay have both of these addresses in our account details and give the Warehouse one to customers who open Return requests - so in your case, the different address given by your Seller could quite easily be the same address eBay would have provided if it had been during the 30 days when you could open an 'official' request. smile

wowfudge Thu 22-Feb-18 13:22:03

There was a different name to return the item to too - it was the combination that worried me. Anyway, all is well as they have refunded me in full and I bought a replacement elsewhere. I think the item was a second tbh (not declared though) as the replacement I got was the same size on the label but fits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now