Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help (please) ebay item not delivered to me but seller says it is

(8 Posts)
hereitis Fri 01-Dec-17 14:44:01

Hi,
Really glad to find one of ds’s Santa list presents on eBay - a discontinued item so I was lucky! Checked yesterday to see when it was arriving and was surprised to see that it was marked as delivered. The tracking info said it was delivered to and signed for my me - I was not home and was with lots of people so could prove this if required! The seller seemed nice and said she would contact Hermes and let me know what they said - but instead I’ve had a “case closed” email from eBay saying the item was delivered and signed for. I have sat on live chat with Hermes who won’t look at them signature or contact the courier as I am not the retailer. But I doubt the retailer will do anything more as why should they care?
It wasn’t cheap and I can’t easily just buy another one. It’s so frustrating as I’m sure the seller thinks I’m lying, I know I’m not and the only person who really knows what happened isn’t contactable! If anyone has experienced this or knows what options I have I’d love your help.

19lottie82 Fri 01-Dec-17 16:33:46

Personally I’d appeal this decision with eBay and keep pushing you didn’t receive the item, they may refund you from their own funds.

If you don’t have any luck with that then you need to to speak nicely to the seller and ask them to keep chasing this with the courier as lost, as you definitely didn’t receive it. If they push hard enough they will get compensation to pay you back, but be aware that they are under no obligation to do so, and you catch more flies with honey and all of that!

hereitis Fri 01-Dec-17 19:18:24

Thank you for the advice. I don’t think they are a business seller but they have very positive reviews so far. I suppose she assumes I’m chancing it but she really should be obliged to take it up with the courier as she hasn’t given me what I bought. I hate that the presumption is I’m lying not the courier firm. I wish there was some way to speak to the courier. I have heard that I might get some help through my credit card company. Surely Hermes need to be able to demonstrate I actually signed it not just state that without evidence?
I wish it had just been something for me - it’s a discontinued toy ds put on his list to Santa, i’ll have to hunt down another one whether I get a refund or not!
<rant over>

19lottie82 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:18:25

Yeah it’s shit angry I can’t see your credit card company helping you though as there is a proof of delivery from Hermes (unfortunately no sig is required)

I’d keep on at the 2 methods I suggested.
As a seller I have had issues with Hermes where they say the item has been delivered and. The buyer says t hasn’t. If you keep on at Hermes eventually they back down and pay out the compensation.

hereitis Fri 01-Dec-17 22:09:53

THanks again smile Will certainly launch an appeal with eBay (thought I’d give the seller a chance to follow up but she’s gone quiet). I can’t really keep pursuing Hermes as they won’t speak to me about it.
Have calmed down a bit though now wine

19lottie82 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:30:45

PS try phoning ebay and speak to someone (ideally someone based in the U.K.). The problem with not received cases is that they are just closed automatically when a tracking number with proof of delivery is logged.

I can’t guarantee this will work but it’s definitely worth a shot....... good luck!

BaronessBomburst Wed 13-Dec-17 11:08:04

I've currently got this problem with Royal Mail. A track'n'trace parcel is showing as delivered despite no one being in on that particular morning. A second parcel also disappeared, which was due to be delivered at the same time. The second seller refunded, but the first one won't, and Royal Mail won't deal with me. I'm stuck.

hereitis Wed 13-Dec-17 11:21:17

Hi there - an update (and a good one thankfully). Appealed with ebay, who passed me on to paypal who froze my payment to the seller while they investigated.
Whether as a result or not I'll never know, but the package mysteriously appeared on my doorstep - I think the courier just had it in the back of his van, not sure why he'd sign for it though and cause all the bother.. He certainly didn't ring the bell and wait for me to ask!
I spent a long time on the phone to ebay and then paypal but they certainly did take it seriously. The point of freezing the money being that it then gave the seller a motive to investigate it with the delivery people. Thanks for advice here and good luck to anyone going through similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now