Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller apparently not received item what do I do?

(7 Posts)
darkcloudlooming Wed 22-Nov-17 19:16:26

Sold a brand new electric oral B pro tooth brush on eBay at a cheap price. I sent it second class because it’s not a high value item and that’s the cheapest cost effective for buyer and seller. The buyer now says they have not received it 5 days later. Royal Mail now have the option to check delivery status of items with reference number and it says it’s been delivered to the address or a neighbour 2 days after postage date at 10:08. I have proof it’s delivered but the buyer is messaging me saying they havnt whAt do I do?
I’ve sent items second class before ( costs £2.90) and everyone has received them why now it hasn’t grrre

GerrytheBerry Wed 22-Nov-17 19:19:22

Ebay should stand with you on this one, as luckily you have proof it's been delivered. You need to use the eBay help centre and there should be an option to get eBay to call you and they usually do this within a few minutes. Tell them the story they should sort it.

19lottie82 Wed 22-Nov-17 19:42:59

Check your proof of postage, if it was sent at the post office there might be a reference number on it that you can use to check online if it’s been delivered or not. This even applies to items sent by normal post.

19lottie82 Wed 22-Nov-17 19:45:34

Sorry I read the OP incorrectly! Just upload the reference number against the tracking section in the sales record then ask the buyer to open a case, which you will won automatically as long as the reference number shows the ten as being delivered.

chocolateorangeowls Wed 22-Nov-17 19:46:37

Yeah I think I’d contact ebay and explain what has happened. You have proof of postage and delivery so I’m sure you can’t be at fault.

Schlimbesserung Wed 22-Nov-17 19:52:19

I've disputed delivery when the customer was adamant that the item hadn't arrived but the tracking said it had. They sent someone out to see the customer and checked the GPS on the delivery. It turned out the parcel had been delivered, but to the wrong place. So your buyer may not be telling lies intentionally.
I'm a business customer so I don't know the procedure, but if you contact RM customer services and say you want to dispute a delivery they may be able to help.
Has the buyer opened a dispute/request? If you've already entered the reference number you should be covered, but you can't always depend on it with eBay.

hereitis Fri 01-Dec-17 13:59:45

I think this is massively unfair in that you assume you buyer did receive the item. I am in dispute at the moment as something I bought for Christmas was delivered this week (signed for by resident, according to courier) yet I was out (which I could prove) at the time of delivery. If the courier has given it to a random neighbour they did not leave a card, so I cannot get it. I can see both sides but it is out of order to assume the buyer is lying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now