Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer asking for refund/to cancel sale 1 week after auction end and payment

(6 Posts)
Perfectmummy1234 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:21:54

I sold my bed. Buyer paid straight away via paypal. I messaged to arrange pick up and agree date, which we did for end of month (as stated on advert). Had not yet responded with my address etc. but thought no rush as 2 weeks b4 pickup.
She now says she doesn't want the bed and had to buy another today and wants a full refund immediatly. I have offered collection tom out of good will but she says its too late. I have told her she has paid and will need to come get the bed!. She has now opened a case in the Resolution Centre saying Item NOT bloody received!
Im fuming. Paypal have now held the money and I will very soon be the owner of 2 beds!
Does she have a leg to stand on or do I just refund and relist all over again?
HELP x

GoulishGoblinPumpkinSnatcher Tue 14-Nov-17 00:11:48

She's done you a favour, as she could have done this once she picked it up I paid via papal. Never ever accept PayPal for collection items. There is a well known scam where buyer pays by PayPal, they then collect, because you have no proof of postage whatsoever buyer opens up a non received case, buyer wins. Buyer gets refund AND the bed...for free. Ebay are only in your favour when you can provide proof of delivery, by tracking terms. Accept the case and refund her. You can't make her collect something she has no intention of wanting anymore. You should have cancelled the sale and refunded her once she sent the message, you then wouldn't have this case open against you.
In the mean time let this be a lesson in not accepting paypal for collection items too!

mehhh Tue 14-Nov-17 00:22:44

eBay will only ever back you if you have a proof of something being sent (not even proof of postage receipt from post office it HAS to be a sign for one with the tracker etc) it's rubbish for the sellers!

19lottie82 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:25:22

Nothing you can do here, and as already pointed out NEVER accept PayPal when selling collection items, cash on collection only.

19lottie82 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:27:27

mehh not exactly true, you don’t need a signed for service, just a proof of delivery.

Most regular Royal Mail services offer this now, if your post offices uses 2D (?) labels? When you get a proof of postage there should be a reference number on it which when entered online will provide a proof of delivery.
Make sure your post office offers this service though as some still do not.

19lottie82 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:28:05

And proof of an item being sent isn’t enough to win a case, you need to prove it’s been delivered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now