Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

item not as described want a refund but paid by debit card.

(6 Posts)
namechangeforanonymity Sun 12-Nov-17 22:10:56

I bought an item which the seller listed as being a certain fabric but when the item arrived it was made from an imitation of that fabric and the label clearly stated the fact.

I contacted the seller to point this out and the response was pretty much "the item cost £XXX when new so you got a bargain" (Item cost me approx. £30.)

I have replied to say this is not the point, it is not as stated in the description and hence I am entitled to a full refund . No response from seller.

I didn't have enough money in my paypal account to cover the cost so I paid by debit card.

Apparently I can't get e-bay involved until 19th and I'm worried that seller will shut down their account and vanish by then.

Is there anything I can do ?

GoulishGoblinPumpkinSnatcher Sun 12-Nov-17 23:55:07

What do you mean you didn't have enough money in Paypal and paid by debit card? Did you pay with the debit card linked to your PayPal account through your PayPal? If so then that is fine. It's still PayPal you paid with. Just because you don't have enough money in your paypal balance that doesn't mean you pay outside of paypal. All debit cards on your PayPal account are fine to pay with. As long as you didn't pay the remainder outside of Paypal?
Just open up a item not as described case. Seller will soon change that attitude of 'your getting a bargain...' She will have to refund you if your not happy, and if she doesn't once eBay step in they will refund you from her account. Once you open up a returns case for item not as described her funds received from you are frozen in paypal until the issue is resolved.

namechangeforanonymity Mon 13-Nov-17 00:50:46

Waht worries me is that the item is no longer showing in my purchase history.

I definitely didn't pay through paypal, I ticked the debit option, not the paypal option when paying. I know that was stupid now but it seemed logical at the time.

I went through the item not as described option which gets you to send a message to the seller as the first stage but I'd like to escalate it quickly as she is not taking this seriously.

19lottie82 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:50:28

So you have already opened a case with eBay, and you need to wait until the 19th, is that correct?

If so that’s fine just wait until then and escalate.

Don’t worry if they’ve deleted the item or anything, you will still get your money back.
Ebay may provide you with a label to send it back before you get your refund, so if they do send it back ASAP (the tracking will be uploaded against the case online as soon as the post office scans it).

You don’t have anything to worry about.

19lottie82 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:51:33

PS it wasn’t stupid to pay with your debit card, you still get buyer protection from eBay, no need to stress!

namechangeforanonymity Mon 13-Nov-17 16:18:13

Thanks 19lotties82

Less worried now, just have to be patient I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now