Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller asking to be paid directly - wwyd?

(7 Posts)
Angrycrisplady Mon 23-Oct-17 21:22:02

Won an item (less than a tenner) on eBay. Have been trying to pay but continually get an error code and am advised to contact seller. She advises me eBay are saying there is an issue with her PayPal. She then asks me to pay her directly and sends her PayPal account details
Wwyd? Is this a safe way to pay? I know it’s not a huge amount of money, but it’s more than I’d like to lose...
Thanks

MagicFajita Mon 23-Oct-17 21:24:57

I'd wait until PayPal is up again.

I had problems paying for an eBay item on there the other day and just waited and tried again until it worked.

MrsRogerWaters Mon 23-Oct-17 21:29:30

Nope.
No protection.

PayPal can reclaim the money if the item doesn’t arrive. But if you pay her directly no one will help out if the item never shows up/is broken etc

Angrycrisplady Mon 23-Oct-17 21:32:28

Thanks. I’ll wait until whatever’s up is sorted

19lottie82 Mon 23-Oct-17 23:11:53

Tell her to send it then you will pay that way.

LilQueenie Sat 28-Oct-17 23:44:24

Last time that happened to me ebay ended the entire transaction as the seller had a fake account.

Angrycrisplady Mon 30-Oct-17 20:26:11

It’s been a week and still can’t pay... can’t cancel the order either. And she’s not getting back to my messages... oh well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now