Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is negative feedback the only option?

(9 Posts)
alwaysonthepiste Mon 09-Oct-17 08:40:36

Last night I won a high value item at a very good price. Sent seller a message about organising collection. Seller replied saying that it wasn't the price that he wanted and he has cancelled the order.
What can I do?

19lottie82 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:57:49

You can't force someone to sell you something but in this situation I would definitely leave a negative, yes.

alwaysonthepiste Mon 09-Oct-17 10:10:35

Thanks Lottie. I'm just really disappointed with the seller but am amazed that they didn't put a reserve on. Very frustrating. Thought your reply would be the only option. Thanks for confirmation.

19lottie82 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:10:49

PS you should also report them to eBay for being a non performing seller

alwaysonthepiste Mon 09-Oct-17 10:20:49

Will do. Thanks.

Timefortea99 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:48:55

I was just about to ask about this. I have won an item of clothing (new) for a couple of quid, with a few pounds postage on top. I got it for their starting bid price and was surprised that nobody else had bid. That was on Monday and I paid by PayPal straightaway. I have received the usual emails from Ebay saying I had won etc and the payment has gone through. However I have heard nothing from the seller and the status has not been updated to say it has been sent.

I mentioned it to DH and he said give her time to send it. But I have my suspicions that they won't want to sell it now because of the low price. I am a Pessimistic Polly so I do sometimes think the worse. If they were away there is usually a message telling you that there will be a delay in sending it. How long would you leave it before I make contact with the seller? A week?

19lottie82 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:21:32

If you check the sales record there will be an estimated delivery date. If it hasn't arrived by then you can open a not received case.

Timefortea99 Wed 11-Oct-17 22:05:34

My DH was right. Just got a message saying it is sent!

AllToadsLeadToHome Wed 18-Oct-17 18:13:40

I worry about buyers that want the item posted straight away and don't think that the seller might have other things in their life other than to just post their item.

I hate the fact that I can't relax if I sell something until it has been packed and ready to go to the post the following day in case the buyer thinks that next day dispatch is not fast enough and marks my stars down. And then they are out when it arrives within 2 days so they don't get it until they collect or have it re-delivered and then they blame me because they were out and mark my bloody stars down anyway.

I sometimes forget to mark as dispatched, it doesn't mean the thing is still sitting in my house. Patience and common sense are becoming a thing of the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now