Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Have I made a massive booboo?

(7 Posts)
Morecaffeineplease Sun 09-Jul-17 07:02:02

Listing accidentally showed an item in my photo which isn't for sale.

The wording states all the items that are for sale. This one object wasn't specified in the wording.

I have sold the available items for a BIN with collection.

Worried they're going to kick up a fuss.

Have I messed up?

LotisBlue Sun 09-Jul-17 07:12:29

You'll have to message the buyer and let them know

Were all of the other items specified in the listing?

Morecaffeineplease Sun 09-Jul-17 19:30:23

Thankyou for replying.

The other items are specified in writing & the purchaser has also stated in writing that she wants just the items she has mentioned.....which does not include the 'iffy' one.

lljkk Sun 09-Jul-17 21:17:54

You have to fess up & hope they are reasonable. most people are reasonable, so try not to fret.They can't do worse than give you neg f/back, not exactly end of world.

BattleaxeGalactica Sun 09-Jul-17 21:21:49

If it's not in the wording it' should be fine but I'd message the buyer and let them know just to cover my arse.

Ebay has long had a tendency to attract more than its fair share of crazies...

BrieAndChilli Sun 09-Jul-17 21:23:55

It depends on what it is eg a high value item or an item in the same vein as the rest - someone might assume it is included, where as a book in a photo of bracelets not so much.
If it's centre and in the middle of everything again it might be assumed it's included but if it's half in the picture at the side again not so much

Morecaffeineplease Thu 13-Jul-17 11:45:59

Just to update you...

(There was nothing to fess up about?)

All is good smile

Turns out the buyer & I were on the same page.

Thankyou for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now