Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returns and refunds

(4 Posts)
Kerfuffled Mon 03-Jul-17 22:36:20

I bought an item from a seller only to find it was damaged when I received it. After contacting them I was offered a partial refund of a £1 !! which I rejected and stated I wanted a full refund and a refund of my return postage. I was then offered a refund of half the item cost (not including postage) which I also rejected. I opened a returns case with eBay and received a message calling me a loser 🙄. The seller has now offered a partial refund of the entire cost minus 1p.
Why would someone do this? Is there some reason? And if I did accept it how would I claim for my return postage?

ImaLannister Mon 03-Jul-17 22:55:48

Firstly, how unprofessional to call a customer a looser. I would never do that. Even if they was in the wrong. I bite my tongue and always act professional, as should any good seller. I've not been in your situation, but I'm sure if you don't accept it or just leave it, you can opt for eBay to step in after a certain amount of time. I hope someone with more knowledge can advise you. Why is the seller acting a dick about 1p short? He clearly doesn't know that ebay side with buyers and they will refund you the whole amount if they step in. So what a knob. Was it expensive?

ImaLannister Mon 03-Jul-17 22:59:34

You get a returns label if seller accepts the refund - if they want it back. eBay automatically deduct it from seller & send you the label which you have to print off.

19lottie82 Tue 04-Jul-17 10:53:31

If you accept the partial refund then you won't have to go the hassle of printing the returns label, packing the item up and going to the post office. Seems a no brainer to me.

I'd accept it then leave factual feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now