Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

"You don't need to return this item to the seller"

(16 Posts)
AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:20:56

I requested for a return because the item I got was not as described. It was a leather jacket replica - it had major dents on the leather, flaking off in some parts, white stuff all over it - there were even some numbers written using white stuff, maybe chalk.

It was NOT a cheap item though - £119. So I was surprised when I got a refund and instead of a prepaid postage label, the message stated "You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item."

What would you do? Would you send it back?

Asmoto Thu 15-Jun-17 21:22:48

Did the item come from within the UK?

BrexitSucks Thu 15-Jun-17 21:25:41

It sounds like a No Fault refund. So no money out of their pocket, either.

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:28:55

What is a No Fault refund?

I'm in Australia and it was shipped through Australia Post but I am sure it was made somewhere in Asia.

The leather has a strong smell too - but it smells like a leather jacket I bought from an Australian store before so maybe it's just the treatment they use.

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:30:33

It's not showing as a "cancelled item".

ServiceUser Thu 15-Jun-17 21:33:11

You need to make sure you get your full refund. If not, involve eBay customer services.

Sometimes sellers find it's not worth their while to pay for return postage (which is their responsibility as it's not your fault it was unsuitable). But make sure you get your full refund back before you bin it.

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:35:17

I got the full refund already. That's why I'm kinda confused. So I guess the seller decided this is crap too and can't be sold right?

The writings at the back seems to be the measurements of the jacket.

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:35:47

Sorry I meant it's NOW showing as a cancelled item.

ServiceUser Thu 15-Jun-17 21:36:13

Yes, it's yours for free then!

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:38:10

The seller has a lot of positive feedback dating to many years ago. So I was very excited about the jacket.

To be honest, the jacket seems to be high-street leather jacket quality at least -- if there was no smell, no flaking off and no white stuff (some are sticky -- glue?) all over it.

HeyRoly Thu 15-Jun-17 21:38:29

Maybe the seller sold it to you at such a massive profit, they won't particularly lose out by not asking for it back, because it's of worth anything like the amount you paid?

Floralnomad Thu 15-Jun-17 21:38:31

Probably not worth them paying for the return if they won't be able to resell it .

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 21:38:40

Just worried the seller will be expecting the jacket then will get mad at me for not sending it back.

HeyRoly Thu 15-Jun-17 21:39:12

*it's not worth

AteRiri Thu 15-Jun-17 22:02:56

Yeah maybe they subcontract it to a producer overseas and it's not worth it to pay for the local postage plus the overseas postage to send it back.

ServiceUser Thu 15-Jun-17 22:30:13

Just keep the message saying you don't need to return it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now