Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

no returns on ad but buyer wants to return

(9 Posts)
ArseholesOnToast Sat 27-May-17 11:04:48

I sold a pair of shoes from Marks and Spencer on eBay and now the buyer wants to return them claiming they are not as described and are a small size or even the size down. They really aren't.

On my listing I put no returns. Should I just say that or should I tell them to return them to me and I'll refund the cost of the shoes as there isn't anything wrong with them?

I am pretty new to selling on eBay so not too sure what to do for the best.

chloesmumtoo Sat 27-May-17 11:34:42

Even if it is written on ad I don't think it counts for much. I would just allow them to return and keep your good reviews. Getting them back asap is best. Yes refund the shoes but try to make them pay return. I have had simular but did buckle and paid the return costs myself just to get the items back. I shouldn't have but they were really dodgey, even listed my items for sale themselves but claimed to me they were fake! Awful, you get alsorts. They are obviously trying it on to not pay at all.

bruffian Sat 27-May-17 11:37:05

This happened to me (not shoes) . I told the buyer to return it and I would refund on receipt. She never did.

Also insist they get proof of postage otherwise she may say she's returned them when she hasn't.

Auspiciouspanda Sat 27-May-17 11:37:30

eBay will make you accept the return anyway so you might as well accept it.

telmarine Sat 27-May-17 11:51:05

Get the items returned in the condition you sold them in first before you do the refund, that will flush out a fraudster if they are trying to get them for free. eBay will support the buyer so you will have to just go with it and keep your good feedback.

ArseholesOnToast Sat 27-May-17 12:40:39

Thanks everyone.

I'll email the buyer saying that I'll refund the item once I've received it back in the condition I sent it (that shown in the photos on the auction ad) and for her to get proof of postage.

To be honest I've not had a great experience selling on eBay and I don't think I'll bother again.

19lottie82 Sat 27-May-17 15:30:35

Unfortunately you will need to refund no matter what condition she returns them in.

And no point in asking for a proof of postage, when you accept a proof of postage you have to purchase a returns label for the buyer @ £2.99 and the tracking details are automatically uploaded against the return. In the eBay resolution centre.

19lottie82 Sat 27-May-17 15:31:42

Sorry OP the last part of my post was assuming she has actually requested a return through the official eBay channels, has she? Or just sent a message?

ArseholesOnToast Sat 27-May-17 15:34:27

Lottie she just sent a message. I have sent a reply saying to return them in the condition sent and get proof of postage and I'll refund the cost of the shoes.

Definitely not bothering with eBay again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now