Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returns Label

(7 Posts)
GoAndAskDaddy Tue 16-May-17 21:36:50

I wonder if someone can please help me generate a returns label? Feel like I've spent all day trying to do this… Have accepted the return but can't work out how to do the label. The buyer has said she has no way of printing it so what do I do? Thanks if you can help!

ImaLannister Tue 16-May-17 23:40:42

I just tell them to post it n I will refund postage upon item once recieved. I must of had some good buyers coz they've never argued n trusted me to do that.

19lottie82 Tue 16-May-17 23:53:38

You don't need to generate the label. The buyer will be sent a link by eBay to print one out. Tell her her local library will have a printer she can use.

(Without being harsh it's her responsibility to print off the label)

19lottie82 Tue 16-May-17 23:55:29

If you are going to go down the route suggested by Ima then confirm the service and the cost first.

Post Offices will often try to upsell services now and you don't want the buyer trying to refund you for a weekend pre 9am special delivery @ £12!

ImaLannister Wed 17-May-17 00:01:05

Yes, confirm service n cost first. Thanks Lottie I forgot to say that bit. I always tell them to send it second class signed for. That way you know how much it's going to cost, exact, or you will have a pretty good idea if it's under 2kg which I'm taking it is.

GoAndAskDaddy Wed 17-May-17 08:18:17

Brilliant, thanks all. Will tell her I will refund her postage once I receive the item....this is more expensive than the eBay label I think but hey-ho. PITA this eBay malarkey 😮

ImaLannister Wed 17-May-17 11:22:06

She might not be ok with it tho, as they not have to do that if you know what I mean, it's up to the seller to provide label etc but you need to explain to her that because she can't print it off (that's her responsibility) there's no other option! I've never done returns labels I've always refunded after item received. Only because I find it all one big ball ache to be honest. Hopefully she will agree to it. And to refund postage after just find the transaction on PayPal, click on it, you will see her email address. Then send it to her using her email as her paypal ID and send it as 'gift to friends & family'. That way she won't get a fee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now