Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Most bizarre thing you've seen for sale on eBay?

(17 Posts)
NennyNooNoo Tue 16-May-17 17:03:59

Have just seen someone selling 43 surplus-to-requirement sew-on name tapes with their child's name on for about the same price as you can get them made to order. hmmIt wasn't a common surname either. Any other weird things for sale ( and did they sell?)

ImaLannister Tue 16-May-17 23:25:30

People sell used trashy shoes & used smelly Insoles. They go for loads! Type in 'trashed shoes' on eBay. This is obvs aimed for foot fetish people. Ugh.
I tried it once but got too many weird messages, one was a guy asking me if he could be my slave. I told him I would punish him. grin But it got so weird in the end I ended the listing. Couldn't go through with it.

NennyNooNoo Wed 17-May-17 16:29:45

Ewwww.

LightYears Thu 18-May-17 17:41:11

I was just coming on here to say the same Ima, I think I first heard about it from a thread on MN. I thought that'd be the case, they aren't spending the money on the trashy slippers per se but for the messages or what ever else they're after.
Ebay seems to turn a blind eye to it though, too busy enforcing the no alcohol rule, even though you have to be 18 to buy and sell on Ebay hmm

glitterglitters Thu 18-May-17 17:50:24

Haunted doll, plastic bags were always a big one as well.

When I was at university I sold personalised postcards from London. Basically wrote to people all over the world withLlondon postcards about life in England. Made quite a few quid at the time!

pigyoinkoinks Thu 18-May-17 18:35:42

Saw someone selling a sheet of McDonald's vouchers that come free in the free paper every week. hmm

LightYears Thu 18-May-17 19:33:27

What a great idea glitter, just had a look on Ebay, nothing doing now grin.

NomDePrune Thu 18-May-17 20:40:27

Go to categories
Choose "Everything Else"
Then choose "Other"
Take your time, there's loads to choose from...

Queenofthebrae Thu 18-May-17 22:18:13

@NomDePrune I've wasted too much of my evening scrolling through the "everything else" section thanks to your tip. Some hilarious listings but some are hideous in equal measure! Metal standing cage being one!

NennyNooNoo Fri 19-May-17 13:31:59

Oh my giddy aunt...that's an eye opener. £500 too. Can't help thinking I could make something out of chicken wire and wood that would achieve the same purpose ( although might not quite look the part in the corner of the bondage room bedroom).

ImaLannister Sat 20-May-17 19:30:57

Yeah lightyears if I replied more they would bid more. It's defo a messaging game with them. The dirtier the reply, the higher the bids. And it wasn't just one message, they would message numerous times a day, same person. I couldn't go through with it in the end. Too creepy not for me.

BrexitSucks Sat 20-May-17 21:16:19

Ebay: Everything Else Other...
I need to bleach my brain of edible anus sweets & fatty patty love doll, now. <<Eek>

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 20-May-17 21:17:44

Knitted dungarees!!

They were yellow. The image is burnt into my brain.

Verticalvenetianblinds Sat 20-May-17 21:21:22

Maltesers but with the chocolate sucked off.

FlySlayer99 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:20:32

Bleuugghh envy

Asmoto Thu 01-Jun-17 22:27:21

Go to 'Collectables' and 'Weird Stuff' and choose from:

Not That Odd
Slightly Unusual
Unusual
Rather Strange
Really Weird
Totally Bizarre

Hours of browsing fun!

FlySlayer99 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:38:11

I'm in the wrong profession clearly biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now