Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants me to send to an address not registerd on her Paypal Account

(9 Posts)
Lunenburg Sun 14-May-17 21:58:01

Help, any knowledgeable EBayers.

My Buyer has written and asked me to send her purchase to a different address to that registered on her Paypal Account.

Does anyone know if I can do this?

GherkinsOnToast Sun 14-May-17 22:00:14

Don't do it, I don't think you will be covered by paypal protection if you send it to any address not on their account.

WeeWillyWinkieFromEccles Sun 14-May-17 22:02:21

Nope. Refund the payment and tell them to change their address in PayPal then pay you again.

You are only covered in PayPal if you send to the address given with their payment. If you send to the other address and they say they don't receive it then you won't have proof that you posted to the 'correct' (as far as PayPal is concerned) address, so they will side with the buyer.

Dodie66 Sun 14-May-17 22:04:03

I asked a seller to do this and send something to my daughter instead of to me which she was happy to do but I don't know what would happen if they said it hadn't arrived or anything.
If your messages to her have gone through eBay you would have proof of her request and also if you send recorded delivery you would have proof that it had been delivered

Lunenburg Mon 15-May-17 08:00:27

Thank you all

I have written, said I can't send it to her Sister (Paypal also confirmed no seller protection if I do) and asked whether she wants me to send it to her or allow her to cancel.

Nothing. I am not receiving any reply and am at a loss to know what to do.

So frustrating, I took a ridiculously low offer for what is a beautiful Coat and felt in my gut that I shouldn't be doing it. Why do I never pay attention to those gut feelings? smile

Judashascomeintosomemoney Mon 15-May-17 08:05:07

If you're not getting any answer then refund it and msg to say you'll keep it for a week whilst she adds a new address to Paypal then repays you. Say if you don't hear back after the week you'll assume it's no longer wanted and relist it.

19lottie82 Mon 15-May-17 08:47:27

Doddie none of that would make a difference if the OP sends it to another address she loses her seller protection, its as simple as that.

You did the right think OP! The only time I ever send to another address if it's a very low value item which I wouldn't be sending recorded anyway as it would've be financially viable anyway. That's because you need to use a service with delivery confirmation to maintain your seller protection anyway IYSWIM

19lottie82 Mon 15-May-17 08:49:49

If you want to cancel go to the item and select that you haven't received payment, this will take you to a page and you will see an option to cancel the order and then you can select the reason "issue with address".

Select this and your buyer will be refunded automatically, you will have your fees refunded and you can relist.
On the offchance they try to leave negative feedback then call eBay and they should remove it.

Dodie66 Mon 15-May-17 13:35:48

Sorry 19lottie I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'm an eBay seller so it's useful to know that :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now