Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Just realised I've been scammed

(5 Posts)
User11145755 Wed 10-May-17 20:42:01

Bought a Jojo bow for £4.50 buy it now free postage, but seller has 0 feedback (new account) thought I would risk it as eBay will refund if it goes wrong.
Checked completed listings (after buying) they sell loads of cheap bows, never post them, then start a new account and do it again, I must have found around 6 or 7 similar named accounts selling bows with -1 to -6 feedback, scum bags
I know I'll get my money back, and it's only £4.50 but I'm so annoyed I fell for it and some theiving scum has my money sad

19lottie82 Thu 11-May-17 12:35:32

Calm down smile Once the latest delivery estimate passes open a not received case with eBay then escalate it when you can (7 days), eBay will refund you.

Then leave negative feedback but keep it factual and non emotional. Ie item never arrived seller ignored my communications

And the seller won't get to keep on opening new accounts, eBay have reasonable stringent checks. 1 or 2 new ones maybe but then they will click on.

User11145755 Thu 11-May-17 18:09:20

They seem to have about 5 or 6 new accounts on the go!
How do they get the money tho? I thought PayPal held onto your money for new accounts until you received positive feedback?

19lottie82 Fri 12-May-17 10:39:41

No not always, sometimes PayPal will hold the cash from sales for random checks with. New PP accounts.
Not really to do with feedback, more just holding it for X days in case any problems occur

You can link an established PayPal account to a new eBay account to avoid this tho.

nauticant Fri 12-May-17 11:04:48

At the moment for my niche I'm seeing a flood of listings "selling" £200+ items for £20. All in China. Most of them have zero feedback but some have a handful of positive feedback picked up from (I would assume very low value) sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now