Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help - GSP

(9 Posts)
PoitouSharon Thu 27-Apr-17 20:00:10

Please can someone explain in simple terms this GSP system. I sold a dress, charged £2.95 for postage and was prompted to send the parcel to a shopping centre which I did.
Buyer has been charged an extra £8 as a result which they are requesting that I refund.
If this is my responsibility I will obviously do this but i clearly missed this change and have never seen it before! I don't sell often. Thanks.

PoitouSharon Thu 27-Apr-17 21:25:45

Bump for any evening ebayers....

19lottie82 Fri 28-Apr-17 07:51:57

In simple terms when a buyer purchases something from abroad, you send it to the GPS, then eBay charges the seller for the onward shipping and sends it on onces it reaches them.

You need to tell them that any further postage charges are applied by eBay directly (nothing to do with you) and if they have any concerns to contact eBay directly.

Your contract is to send it to the GPS, that's it.

19lottie82 Fri 28-Apr-17 07:53:02

I'm confused as to why your buyer is surprised that they had to pay extra for international postage. This would have all been explained to them, inc the final cost before they confirmed the purchase.

19lottie82 Fri 28-Apr-17 07:53:40

PS if your buyer leaves you any non positive feedback in regards to the GSP, contact eBay and they will remove it.

nauticant Fri 28-Apr-17 10:31:53

I also agree that you don't need to refund.

As I understand things, the buyer should have seen the total shipping cost, including the component added by ebay, at the time of the transaction. However, I can't say this for sure.

This is one of the reasons I don't use the GSP.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 29-Apr-17 15:30:02

Not your problem. The idea is you send to Ebay's shipping centre, they send it on from their, and massively overcharge the buyer. Still not your problem as the buyer would have seen the postage charge before they bid.

Have been having trouble with this myself as had buyer requesting I combine postage (which I will always do in UK, but can't with GSP).

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 29-Apr-17 15:30:42

there, not their.

PoitouSharon Sat 29-Apr-17 19:06:43

Thank you so much for the replies. Will be much more informed now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now