Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item returned with new tags cut off

(12 Posts)
FlouncingInTheRain Sat 22-Apr-17 14:45:54

Sold an item, buyer said it was too large, accepted return, they pay return postage.

It's come back with its new tags cut off. They're present but cut off.

It can't now be sold as new.

Any advise?

viques Sat 22-Apr-17 14:50:47

The. Item has not been returned in the same condition (bet it HAS been worn) . I would deny refund.

FlouncingInTheRain Sat 22-Apr-17 17:03:42

Thanks for the response Viques I just need to vent a bit.

I sent the buyer a polite message to say thank you for the prompt return but I needed to seek advice about the tag removal.

I then decided to refund in full and get on with my weekend.

Subsequently (an hour later) the buyer has sent me a message saying she's going to report me to eBay - not quite sure what for. For fully refunding on an item that she's used?

viques Sat 22-Apr-17 19:27:39

Wow she sounds a charmer. One to block. I wonder how many times she's pulled that little trick. Hope the rest of your weekend is better.

19lottie82 Sat 22-Apr-17 19:40:27

viques unfortunately you can't deny a refund.

OP you did the right thing, you wouldn't have won the fight on this one. As advised by Viques, make sure you add them to your blocked bidders list.

FlouncingInTheRain Sat 22-Apr-17 20:02:58

I've added her to my blocked bidders. I guess its just one of those things. 99% of the polpulation are good and honest. Most of the time things go well. Just occassionally we cross paths with the 1%. Can't let it cloud dealings with the 99%.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Nanny0gg Sat 22-Apr-17 23:57:09

Can you give low feedback?

StrawberryJelly00 Sun 23-Apr-17 00:00:27

Change your settings in future to not accept returns

FlouncingInTheRain Sun 23-Apr-17 08:40:27

I left feedback when she paid promptly. Sellers can only leave positive or no feedback. We do have a report a buyer feature though.

Even though I'm behaving like a complete amateur by having a whinge on here, I'm now trading on eBay as a business seller so have to accept returns. Its the first thing I've found that has the potential to break the roof of the carers allowance/ tax credits financial trap and still enable me to be carer for my Autistic eldest (no childcare options available).

19lottie82 Sun 23-Apr-17 08:44:16

strawberry it doesn't really work like that. No returns means nothing.

It only applies to non fault returns, so all a buyer has to do is say an item is faulty (even if it isn't) and then you have to accept the return and provide a pre paid returns label.

OneInEight Wed 26-Apr-17 11:02:28

We have found that the best way to deal with returns is to refund immediately and politely otherwise it annoys us so much! It is a very low percentage of buyers who misuse the system and we have found that those who ask for a refund because of non-delivery usually offer to repay. We sell on ebay for exactly the same reasons as you!!

Gingefringe Mon 29-May-17 09:30:42

You can report the buyer to ebay after the transaction for abusing the returns process. (I think it's on the dropdown menu on the right on the transaction)
The buyer wont know about this but Ebay will keep a note on her records - i think if they have a lot of these 'strikes' then eBay will stop their account.
I had to do this recently when I reluctantly had to refund for a watch even though the buyer hadnt returned the box and flatly refused to acknowledge receipt of the box!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now