Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buy it now offer, cash on collection but zero feedback - wtd?

(10 Posts)
Closetlibrarian Thu 20-Apr-17 20:54:13

I've had a bicycle listed on Ebay for nearly a month on buy it now/ best offer. It ends tomorrow and I've just had an offer for a really decent price. Problem is that buyer wants to pay cash on collection (not itself a problem, I said this was an option in the listing description), but they have zero feedback. Ebay says they've been a member for a year.

Wwyd? Is it a scam, d'you think?

DangerMouse17 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:01:54

Sounds fine to me. Why would it be a scam?

MsJolly Thu 20-Apr-17 21:03:13

take a photo-get then to sign something-bring ID?

Closetlibrarian Thu 20-Apr-17 21:03:49

Zero feedback just sent up a red flag to me, I guess.

monkeyfacegrace Thu 20-Apr-17 21:05:59

You're over thinking this.

Get them to pay cash when they collect.

Job done.

Orangebird69 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:06:11

But if they're colecting, and paying cash, how can they scam you? Everyone has to make their first purchase at some point.

Olivialoves Thu 20-Apr-17 21:07:43

I'm only uncertain if they pay PayPal. PayPal tends to side with the buyer.
But cash on collection is fine.

Closetlibrarian Thu 20-Apr-17 21:08:32

By paying me with fake banknotes (it's for £400)? Or by somehow nicking the bike without handing over the cash.

Am I just being far too suspicious?!? It's the zero feedback but member for a year thing that strikes me as dodgy, nothing else about it.

monkeyfacegrace Thu 20-Apr-17 21:11:59

Yes. You're being a knob grin

Just sell them the bloody bike.

If they do a runner then it's a police theft matter. No different than if they knicked it from your garage

Closetlibrarian Thu 20-Apr-17 21:14:59

gringrin monkeyfacegrace

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now