Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

AIBU - Item not ready for collection / delivery for 10 days

(7 Posts)
HiDBandSIL Fri 07-Apr-17 16:35:12

I don't use eBay much so I'm hoping for some advice on whether I'm being unreasonable to be pissed off that an item I bought and paid for last weekend won't be ready to collect until the middle of next week?

From the discussions I've had with the seller I've found out that the item is currently in storage and they're too busy this week to get it out and they need to check whether all the parts are there. I think they should have done that before they listed it.

It's an ex-display item that I'm buying from a company that doesn't sell much on eBay.

Bobbins43 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:37:15

That's shit and not usual service for eBay. They should have checked it had all the parts beforehand!

Can you wait or would you rather get a refund?

nauticant Fri 07-Apr-17 19:48:13

What's the latest estimated delivery time for the item in the transaction?

HiDBandSIL Fri 07-Apr-17 19:50:17

Thanks Bobbins. It's a really good price for the exact thing I want so I want to stick it out. I'm wondering what to do about feedback though. I don't want to leave negative feedback but this just seems really poor. I wasn't sure whether my expectations were too high!

HiDBandSIL Fri 07-Apr-17 19:53:10

I'm collecting it on Tuesday nauticant, hiring a van to collect it and it's a 2.5 hour drive so I hope they find all the parts.

nauticant Fri 07-Apr-17 21:33:12

It's a bit rubbish but if you get it home and think "it's complete, just what I want, and the price was good" I'd not leave any feedback or would leave positive with a mild admonition. ebay is full of people causing hassle for little or no reason and sometimes it's nice for both sides to get what they want.

But do inspect it thoroughly to make sure it's complete before taking it away. However, if there is something missing and you've already paid by Paypal (?) you would have some rights. But that would be a pain and it's much better not to have the problem in the first place.

HiDBandSIL Fri 07-Apr-17 23:27:49

That's a good idea nauticant. If everything else is ok I'll give positive feedback but mention the delay. Fingers crossed it works out. I'm dreading them emailing to say they're missing a bit of it. I'll be checking off every part when I pick it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now