Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller playing silly bu**ers

(6 Posts)
HeyPesto55 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:42:57

So I bought a work blazer that turned up with a bid rip down one seam. As it's a print, it would be impossible to sew and is very obvious. Strange they didn't notice it before posting, I think so maybe I missed the mention of damage in the listing. Upon closer inspection of the listing photos, you can actually see the rip! I contact the seller, they say they won't refund unless I post it back. Do I have to cover return postage though??? Seems ludicrously unfair when THEIR picture even shows the damage...

nauticant Sat 01-Apr-17 14:12:53

If the seller isn't cooperating, you should open a not as described case. If it looks like you have to pay return postage, contact ebay (I always find them helpful over the phone) and ask nicely whether they will be able to arrange a return label to be provided to you.

Gallavich Sat 01-Apr-17 14:13:51

Open a case with eBay and state that you expect postage to be covered.
And you can write bugger on mumsnet smile

HeyPesto55 Sat 01-Apr-17 17:55:09

Really helpful, thanks guys. Bugger!

19lottie82 Sat 01-Apr-17 18:02:05

Don't pay for postage, the seller can't be forced to refund it retrospectively.

As advised open a case, and if the seller won't play ball, then escalate it as soon as you can (7days?), eBay will then force the return and provide you with a pre paid returns label.

HeyPesto55 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:30:19

Thanks 19lottie... good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now