Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay says sale from fraudulent account

(6 Posts)
SmokyMountains Fri 17-Mar-17 07:44:05

Not sure how to handle this!

Ebay have sent me two conflicting notices about what to do:
Purchased and paid for something yesterday, and today I get a note on my account when I log in that says

"We have had to cancel this listing as we believe a third party has accessed the sellers account. If you have already paid (which I have) then the sale should proceed as usual. If you have not received your item by 4th April, contact us through the resolution centre"

But they have also sent me an email that says
"select this item and ask for the transaction to be cancelled by the seller. If you do not receive a refund you may still be protected by ebay"

I paid via paypal and when you look at my paypal account it says if there is a problem ask ebay to sort it, and if that doesn't work, come back to us.

Is there a date by which the protection runs out? ie if I wait and see but the item isn't due to arrive till 4th April, will i leave myself with no problems if I wait till then? Should I cancel now?

19lottie82 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:28:57

Try not to stress, you get EBay protection for 30 days after the latest delivery estimate date.

There might be nothing to worry about. Personally I'd leave it until the 5th April and if nothing has appeared then open a non receipt case with eBay, who will refund you.

Was it an expensive item?

SmokyMountains Fri 17-Mar-17 11:38:55

Oh thanks for replying 19lottie82! Thats great advice. It wasn't that expensive, £40, but i'd still rather not lose it. I'll wait and see what happens.

AndKnowItsSeven Sat 18-Mar-17 00:20:47

I had that too from cheekychick.

19lottie82 Sat 18-Mar-17 09:43:22

Eh? Who's cheekychick?

OneInEight Sat 18-Mar-17 19:41:23

I would recommend ringing up the ebay help desk. They were very helpful (even if it did take two attempts) when someone attempted to use our account to buy electronic gadgets a few weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now