Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Nothing sells

(11 Posts)
IamAporcupine Thu 16-Mar-17 11:35:55

I've been selling staff on ebay for a while, not loads of things just some kids clothes etc.
It used to work quite well before and things would get sold relatively quickly, but now nothing seems to sell. I do not even get 'views'.

Am I doing something wrong, or is eBay just not attracting as many people as before?
(funnily enough I only just thought of that as an option! blush

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:38:25

Maybe check your ads. Do you put the brand as you first word as byers can filter by brand. So
Next trousers for example!!
Zara skirt!! Etc.
My dh has good results by altering ads!!

IamAporcupine Thu 16-Mar-17 12:27:52

Thanks
I do have the brand names in the titles - do they have to be the first word?

19lottie82 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:36:11

No it doesn't need to be the first word, that doesn't matter. Your title also doesn't need to look pretty..... just type a load of descriptive words that you think people might type in when looking for something similar to your item.

A lot of the time when you are selling items the price puts a lot of people off. Clothes don't tend to fetch much unless they are fashionable brands.

Kids clothing general sells well in age related bundles.

Have a look and see what similar items are selling for.

naturalbaby Thu 16-Mar-17 13:39:43

Check similar completed listings. If hardly anything sold then I don't bother listing my item. I use a local Facebook group that buys/sells clothes, and the buyer collects which is a huge bonus.

Soubriquet Thu 16-Mar-17 13:46:51

I've noticed this

I put on some pre-walker shoes in an almost new condition. Got a view but didn't sell.

Relisted it about a month later and it did sell..but was so cheap I just about broke even when it came to postage

Wasn't really worth it

lljkk Thu 16-Mar-17 18:30:57

We are just coming out of the slowest time of year. July-August is also slow. Are you brave enough to give some links to your listings, Porcupine?

shirleycartersaidso Thu 16-Mar-17 18:51:05

Personally I think eBay has had its day in terms of selling second hand stuff - local fb groups much more active and you don't have to pay post / packing or take packages to the post office if a seller.

lljkk Thu 16-Mar-17 20:32:55

people tell me that get terrible time-wasters on FB selling pages, people NEVER turning up.

I am still having success on Ebay, but has to be the right kind of thing.

user1489849565 Sat 18-Mar-17 15:18:26

it really depends on the type of products you are selling and how you are listing your item. Putting crucial information in product description and title is essential for selling the product as is good quality pictures.

wobblywindows Wed 29-Mar-17 17:29:24

Look at the listings that sold recently especially the ones that had 2 or more bids on them. If you've got something similar, you know there are active bidders and what price they'll pay for it- for example if there were 2 bidders, one of them is still in the market to buy. Unless of course it was someone shill-bidding (ie to push the price up for a friend) but that's not strictly allowed. And time your listings to end just after payday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now