Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer claims they've paid - a rant, sorry

(8 Posts)
travailtotravel Wed 08-Mar-17 21:22:11

For the sake of clarity and no drip feeding I'll explain this and await your judgment and wise words! I am a casual seller, not a business seller.

I had a clear out and sold a few items on Ebay back at the end of January. One buyer bought three items, I offered to combine postage for all three in the invoice. The items remain unpaid, and I opened an unpaid item case.

Buyer got in touch saying they would not pay postage as one item was listed as free postage and they expected them all free (even though sending all three together would have cost a lot more than the one item free if you see what I mean). I offered a new reduced postage rate. TBH their attitude put my hackles up even then.

I received no further response from the buyer for a week so I messaged and said I would close the case as I had no response from them about how to proceed.

Three weeks pass, and the buyer messages to ask when the goods will arrive.

I politely say I closed the case as we had no agreement and non-payment ( I think you can only close a case when there's been no payment anyway?).

They email back and say. Well, I have paid.

I've cross checked my Paypal and have not had a payment from them at all.

I'm not sure if this person is a chancer or its a genuine mistake on their part but my spidey senses suggest they are not going to go away.

I've suggested they get in touch with eBay. What's the best way for me to raise this to Ebay as an issue - I've had a look and it doesn't seem to be a clear-cut situation in their resolution centre?

19lottie82 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:40:49

So the non payment case was closed after they failed to pay and you received a fee credit?

If so block / ignore them and just forget it.

travailtotravel Wed 08-Mar-17 21:47:39

yes, I've had the fee credit. Will that stop them being able to contact me via the messenger system?

19lottie82 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:24:52

No, you can't stop them from contacting you but they can't do anything else. Just ignore them (and add them to your blocked bidders list).

ImaLannister Wed 08-Mar-17 22:57:24

Don't need to do anything OP. The sale is done with, case closed. You have no need to have anything to do with them now. Go in your settings, (I find this is easier on the actual website not the app) and go onto your account settings, then go to 'site preferences' you can block sellers from there by adding them to your blocked list. You can also opt for blocked buyers not to be able to message you.
So block the twat.
If they had Paid it would come up as 'paid' on your eBay sold items. It would also defo show up in your Paypal. If there is no vision of payment in any of these then they haven't paid.

ImaLannister Wed 08-Mar-17 23:02:12

And they haven't paid anyway because the case was closed and final value fee was credited back to you.
So they are lying, I would even bother troubling yourself by trawling through Paypal seeing if they paid. Coz they haven't.
Block and ignore!

HeavenlyEyes Wed 08-Mar-17 23:43:59

unless you had the wrong email on the listing and the payment was never claimed? From the listing click on sell similar then you can view the paypal email address there.

19lottie82 Thu 09-Mar-17 08:56:13

heavenly that's not possible in this case. If it was the OP wouldn't have been able to open a non payment case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now