Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller Playing Me for a Fool

(11 Posts)
nopunintended11 Fri 03-Mar-17 22:39:58

I purchased a Longchamp bag on ebay, with a supposed genuine Bentalls tag.

When I received it, it still had a security tag.

I emailed the seller who requested a photo, which I attach here.

The sellers response was she could not see the tag and to describe it and that security tags from Bentalls are electronic.

I have one more day before Ebay says they can step in!

I'm fuming even though this was cheap that anyone can be so manipulative!

ThePopcornPolice Sat 04-Mar-17 14:34:31

My first thought would be that it's been stolen. Get eBay involved. If the seller is dodgy no point communicating with them. Can you tell what type of tag it is?

Usernamewithnodigits Sat 04-Mar-17 21:04:04

What PP said.
You need to raise this with ebay. I have been doing ebay for 13 years.
Don't communicate directly with the seller any more, although obviously you did the right thing in doing that initially.

SleepFreeZone Sat 04-Mar-17 21:08:04

It's pretty easy to remove the tag of you google it

Usernamewithnodigits Sat 04-Mar-17 21:11:17

Sleep - the point here is that the buyer should not have to do that. It wasn't mentioned in the advert for a reason & it seems that they deliberately omitted it on the basis it's so obvious. This on its' own raises red flags.
OP has every right to be suspicious.

SleepFreeZone Sun 05-Mar-17 09:29:51

Oh I absolutely agree. But I'm just saying those tags do come off pretty easily.

HeavenlyEyes Sun 05-Mar-17 12:51:50

just escalate and let eBay sort it out - and make sure you neg and leave low stars too.

nopunintended11 Wed 08-Mar-17 00:45:25

Thanks, all. At the last minute, before Ebay could intervene, the seller sent a return label after I replied quite sarcastically that she couldn't see in the photo of what I was referring to.

I guess she thought I would get too frustrated by her response that I would give up and just cut it off.

HarrietSchulenberg Wed 08-Mar-17 01:05:37

I'd report to Ebay anyway, if you can do that, as she's obvs selling stolen goods.

19lottie82 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:46:06

If you leave feedback, don't mention "stolen item" as you don't have proof/ it's slanderous, and eBay will remove it.

Keep it factual. "Item still had security tag on it", or similar.

nopunintended11 Thu 09-Mar-17 09:59:38

Good point 19lottie82 . Have just emailed ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now