Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Worth leaving negative/ neutral / no feedback on this?

(10 Posts)
upwardsandonwards33 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:19:54

I ordered a small item for my dd - princess party type toy (not for a birthday) - just as a reward for finishing off her reward chart. It didn't arrive by the agreed time as shown on ebay. So I contacted the seller via the Resolution centre, as advised. The seller then did dispatch the item today. On this situation, presuming the item arrives in a few days and is fine, what sort of feedback would you leave? I don't like writing negative feedback but not sure what is best here.
Would I be extraordinarily cheeky (as dh said) by asking the seller to 'compensate'? Or is that taking too much of an advantage?

lljkk Wed 01-Mar-17 20:23:04

Bit pernickety sounding.
If I liked the good otherwise & no other problems, I think I'd just put positive but factually state the problem or mark down on dispatch stars (iirc, marking down on stars is as much a strike against seller as an outright negative).

upwardsandonwards33 Wed 01-Mar-17 23:38:01

OK thanks you.

nauticant Thu 02-Mar-17 08:48:29

No to requesting compensation. But I wouldn't hesitate to leave a neutral for an item that was fine but required a case to be opened in order for it to be dispatched.

19lottie82 Thu 02-Mar-17 15:47:10

Compensate for what? What have you lost?

When you leave feedback you will be asked if the item was received by the delivery estimate. If you select no, the seller will receive a defect on their account. Job done.

HeavenlyEyes Thu 02-Mar-17 18:40:42

I may leave low stars for dispatch time but to get compensated sounds daft and nothing you could enforce anyway. Why do you think you deserve compensation?

Usernamewithnodigits Sat 04-Mar-17 21:07:08

I'd leave + feedback with a reduced star rating for despatch.

"Received after specified date due to late despatch. Acceptable item".

upwardsandonwards33 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:20:17

Well the item hasn't arrived so tomorrow I can move on to the next stage of resolution.

LilQueenie Wed 08-Mar-17 19:56:21

Did they provide tracking? If you request compensation it is likely you will be asked to send it back for a full refund. I would leave positive but stating a little slow on delivery.

upwardsandonwards33 Thu 09-Mar-17 07:58:45

I didn't get the item, so this morning I told Ebay this. The seller then refunded me in full. This person can't get any positive feedback. They said they despatched it but I very much doubt they did. They have sold thousands of items positively so I think this must have been some sort of oversight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: