Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

A new one, dodgy selling tactic

(1 Post)
Previously1488218868 Wed 01-Mar-17 02:16:19

In almost 15 years this is a first. If you are new to Ebay watch out for this.

Bought an item which arrived in an obviously pre-sold and returned condition - was sold as new and didn't work. Messaged the seller and explained, they asked for some photos, so sent photos and asked for a returns label as you do.

No label appeared, I asked again, and again. They attached a photo of a label. Knowing that if I printed and used it, it wouldn't be tracked by Ebay I asked for a printable label via Ebay. They insisted they had sent one over and over. After a few more attempts I opened a case and Ebay sent me a label.

Anyone new to Ebay would likely not realise this would result in not getting a refund or an item if they used the photo.

Item went back, refund issued by Ebay as it was tracked with the label. All done I thought.

Next day I find they had appealed, no idea what reason. It wouldn't have been honest that's for sure. I have e.mails from Ebay Support just in case but I can't believe the cheek of this woman. Her lies are all in the message system though, to be seen as I reported her.

Watch out for these tricks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now