Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Unpaid item case opened now buyer says they will cancel order?

(6 Posts)
chloesmumtoo Mon 27-Feb-17 17:37:49

Had a buyer win an auction but no payment for atleast a week then they message wanting to collect as dont want to pay postage. I politely explained that I dont do collections. Only real cheap item. Heard no more from them and another week goes by. I opened unpaid item case and now on last day they email saying they will cancel order? Written as ok then I will cancel it.
What does this mean for me? Do I do anything. Will they be reponsible to cancel their end? Do I do anything with resolution centre as meant to be closing case tomorrow. Help .......advice please

HeyRoly Mon 27-Feb-17 17:41:08

See if they cancel. If they don't, close the unpaid item case as soon as you're able. You'll get your seller fee refunded and they will get an unpaid bidder strike on their account.

HeyRoly Mon 27-Feb-17 17:41:38

I've just seen you can close your case tomorrow. Just do it smile

Brighteyes27 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:44:04

Unsure what to do but click on the link asking for a call back from resolution centre & ask them how to proceed when they call you back. Think you might be ok to cancel it but may still be charged seller fees so best check with resolution centre. I had someone claiming they hadn't received an item from me they paid £2 or something for. They sent snooty email during day whilst I was at work and I went out straight after work (which is rare) without checking emails and when I came Home they had opened up a case against me. I messaged her photo of proof of postage receipt eBay closed the case and credited her the money from my account for the item she still claimed she didn't receive.

19lottie82 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:23:05

Just ignore them and manually close out the unpaid item case tomorrow.

chloesmumtoo Tue 28-Feb-17 19:16:00

Thanks everyone, I noticed her email was yesterday morning so she had all day to sort it out and today too as I could not actually close the unpaid item case until 7pm this evening. She still hasn't done anything so I have just closed the case, now I can stop worrying about it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now