Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quiet and subdued rant

(11 Posts)
Cameron2012 Tue 21-Feb-17 06:49:32

I have had an unpleasant few days on eBay ,
2 customers complaining that their items are too small, one complaining that they are too big, and one that's cut the size label out of an item and then sent it back saying it was not the size advertised.
I really want to offer a good service , what is horrible is how aggressive these people are with their emails, lots of caps and threats ( one I reported to eBay)
I have really good feedback and am just feeling frustrated this week.
I am now going to take photos of the size labels on my items to prove they are the size stated.
Moan over, I'm off to do the day job now

DevelopingDetritus Tue 21-Feb-17 09:48:11

There's just no need for the aggression is there. Yes, report to Ebay any emails like that and definitely follow up with the photos. Hope Ebay see through their lies and you keep your feedback 100%.

dbrackin Tue 21-Feb-17 09:53:48

Always worth photographing the labels and being clear in the listing about measured sizes vs manufacturer sizes.

Ultimately clothing sees a lot of returns, but it's not on to have aggressive communication. Have a process and stick to it -- ignore the nastiness -- just guide them through the process. A lot of people become aggressive because they are scared that ebay is full of people trying to rip them off. It isn't, but the media do love publishing articles which suggest it is.

I would be appealing a return where the item was deliberately damaged by the buyer like that. Probably around 20% chance of winning it.

19lottie82 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:20:24

Dbrackin....... IMO the OP wouldn't have 20% chance of winning against a return request. They would have almost zero%.

Not worth even trying as it would result in an account defect.

19lottie82 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:21:06

With clothing eBay expect sellers to list the exact measurements, not just the size on the label, as sizes differ between makes.

Cameron2012 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:12:56

Thanks for your responses.
I just felt really pants this morning, I will show photo of the garments labels in the listings and say about brand size differences in the description , hopefully with the free postage and packing that will cover most problems
Xx

ImaLannister Tue 21-Feb-17 23:08:31

I put the bust & length measurements, from the bust they should be able to decide wether it will fit them or not. If you can't measure bust then go on whatever clothing website the make is, and see their size guide. It tells you their clothes sizes,bust size etc for whatever size it is.

dbrackin Wed 22-Feb-17 08:57:43

@lottie - you don't get account defects for appeals of this sort. If a buyer returns something that isn't in the condition you sent it out, you can call up and discuss with CS. Based on my experience, I reckon about one in five of these has resulted for us in a positive result.

robin64 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:08:05

I always give measurements of..chest/bust, length, shoulder to shoulder, sleeve and waist, hips if a dress/skirt. I always say to check measurements and give the size as "label size" plus what size the measurements indicate too. I usually photograph the label too as part of the 12 photos. Okay it is a bit of a drag to do all those measurements but you totally cover yourself. I also say "Any questions please ask" on my description. As long as you also accurately describe the condition/any flaws you should be able to tell a buyer they need to cover any postage (both ways). See my thread on returns - this is possible and get fees back too. Unfortunately even with all this there are still some problem people but I do think it cuts it down significantly. I would be contacting ebay CS if someone damaged an item and reporting aggressive messages.
If you did not put all measurements then I think you have to refund and learn from that experience. It is a bit ridiculous that a few buyers treat private ebay sellers like some sort of shop but they do. Also block them all from buying from you in future.

19lottie82 Wed 22-Feb-17 23:02:27

@db you do get a defect if you lose the case / appeal.

dbrackin Thu 23-Feb-17 01:07:08

only if it is raised by the buyer

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: