Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

myHermes

(6 Posts)
venys Sat 11-Feb-17 21:10:08

myHermes have lost two large parcels of mine now. Granted I may not have made the packaging bomb-proof but I find it hard to believe they are completely "lost"..How is everyone else's experience and do you have recommendations for other courier companies who will pick up from your door?

dbrackin Mon 13-Feb-17 18:45:32

MyHermes are one of the upcoming couriers at the moment. Their slow service is fairly unacceptable for merchants to send goods out to people now that we're all used to next day delivery, but it is very commonly used for returns and individuals shipping items. There can be a bit of a black hole in their tracking so you might see things not get scanned for a few days and then be delivered a week later.

If you need a home collection, then in my experience, you can do a lot worse than go to Parcel2Go and look through their selection. The best courier does depend on how large and heavy the item is that you are shipping. If I have something valuable and awkward then the best is UPS. DPD are superb for upto 30kg and 1m in length on our account, and most people really like how good their tracking options are -- particularly if you're sending to an individual rather than a business address. Yodel are pretty cheap and recovering well from a rather poor reputation two years ago. Their deliveries are as reliable as other box couriers in my experience. Slightly more premium is ParcelForce who will offer you a half-day slot if you book via their site, full day via P2G.

With all home collections there are failures depending on your driver and how easy your house is to find. If you get a failure with one courier, try a different one until you find one that can actually find your house and stick with them. The differences between drivers are often bigger than the differences between courier network handling.

HTH

venys Mon 13-Feb-17 19:00:28

Super thanks for your extensive insight. Strange for the most part I like my Hermes driver. He has occasionally failed to pick up but he knows me and has even stopped me on the road driving so we have done an "air to air" transfer. I gave him a Christmas present too. Just a shame his colleagues aren't as good. Will definitely look at some of your other suggestions. I think I used Parcel force recently for a very heavy item and all was well.

ImaLannister Mon 13-Feb-17 22:14:17

Click & collect is good and reliable too. Cheaper than parcelforce. Check out the website.

Atticmatic Tue 14-Feb-17 07:52:15

I was a bit of a defender of My Hermes until they twice 'lost' a make up subscription box of mine. I even had cctv of the my Hermes man coming to my door empty handed and then marking the delivery as complete.

They did not care. Refused to view the CCTV and told me to take the non-delivery up with the retailer!

Utter shit.

venys Tue 14-Feb-17 08:50:40

Wow that's insane Atticmatic. Yeah I wonder about the calibre of the staff too! Their webchat bot system for customer service is utter rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now