Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Pathetic Buyer Complaining About Postage Overcharge

(7 Posts)
Sugarcoma Mon 06-Feb-17 17:48:53

You know how much I 'overcharged' on the postage? 67p. Was a margin of error because I started the item at 99p and didn't want to end up out of pocket when I sent it.

Item well packaged and got to him within 2 days.

He left his comment about overcharging in my positive feedback. CBA to complain or contact him but really - how pathetic.

I absolutely hate this complaint from buyers as well precisely because they know exactly how much they postage costs before they bid - and of course eBay take a cut.

Grrr.

OydNeverDeclinesGin Mon 06-Feb-17 17:54:25

Point out postage includes packing materials and time spent wrapping and going to the post office. This incidentally came to 67p!

BonnesVacances Mon 06-Feb-17 17:55:09

I'd just ignore it. Most people charge more on postage to cover materials and eBay fees. He sounds like an amateur buyer. wink

HeavenlyEyes Tue 07-Feb-17 13:34:37

as a private seller postage does not include time or going to the post office or fees. But I hardly think 67p is excessive for packaging.

MoreProseccoNow Tue 07-Feb-17 18:08:17

I don't think 67p is excessive at all, what a whinger!

Having said that, I do get annoyed if sellers over-charge on postage & then justify it with their "time" & "petrol" costs, all of which is against eBay rules as a private seller. I don't agree with the concept of "oh but the buyer agrees to pay the stated cost", especially when it's very different from the actual cost.

For example, I had an item delivered today, which I paid postage of £3.80 for. The actual postage cost was £1.20. So my feedback to the seller will reflect that.

I sell a lot on eBay & always check carefully before I list the postage cost.

chloesmumtoo Tue 21-Feb-17 12:10:15

Omg complaining over 67p! The system seems so unfair esp with ebay pocketing 10% of that postage fee. People dont realize that do they. I much prefer printing out the royal mail postage labels on ebay as no price on them, saves silly quibbles over pence. Costs less too, 5p cheaper on small second class parcel but then you are using your own paper and ink.

robin64 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:14:08

Agree, pathetic whinger over that amount. Most sellers probably undercharge as often or more than they accidentally overcharge. I would consider a postage refund if I over estimated more than £1 but otherwise not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now