Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collection item not collected - buyer said would collect end of Jan - what to do?

(5 Posts)
LeninaCrowne Fri 03-Feb-17 13:25:10

I sold two large but low price items on eBay - as local collection only and paypal (I know now this was a mistake) or cash on collection.
The buyer arranged to collect, but didn't turn up. The I got a message saying that buyer got held-up could now collect end Jan or could I post/courier the items.
Now the items are difficult and expensive to package, and only sold for £10 each so I asked him to arrange date to pay and collect. He hasn't replied to any more messages.
How do I go about cancelling the sale. I don't want to get into a tit-for-tat of reporting him and neutral feedback.

19lottie82 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:09:08

Message the buyer say you can't post or accept a courier, sorry. Tell him if he still wants it he must collect within 3 days.

If this isn't possible or he doesn't respond open a cancellation request with eBay. You could open a non payment case but this is more likely to get their back up and lead to negative feedback.

19lottie82 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:16

Sorry..... forgot to say when u message him ask for a response within 24 hours or you will just cancel the sale.

If he doesn't respond to the cancellation request it will timeout after a week in your favour.

Aridane Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:36

Refund and relist, letting buyer know first

LeninaCrowne Fri 03-Feb-17 17:43:16

Thanks for the info!

I've decided to open a non-payment case and bite the bullet on feedback.
I don't give a shit if I never use eBay again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now