Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collection item not collected - buyer said would collect end of Jan - what to do?

(5 Posts)
LeninaCrowne Fri 03-Feb-17 13:25:10

I sold two large but low price items on eBay - as local collection only and paypal (I know now this was a mistake) or cash on collection.
The buyer arranged to collect, but didn't turn up. The I got a message saying that buyer got held-up could now collect end Jan or could I post/courier the items.
Now the items are difficult and expensive to package, and only sold for £10 each so I asked him to arrange date to pay and collect. He hasn't replied to any more messages.
How do I go about cancelling the sale. I don't want to get into a tit-for-tat of reporting him and neutral feedback.

19lottie82 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:09:08

Message the buyer say you can't post or accept a courier, sorry. Tell him if he still wants it he must collect within 3 days.

If this isn't possible or he doesn't respond open a cancellation request with eBay. You could open a non payment case but this is more likely to get their back up and lead to negative feedback.

19lottie82 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:16

Sorry..... forgot to say when u message him ask for a response within 24 hours or you will just cancel the sale.

If he doesn't respond to the cancellation request it will timeout after a week in your favour.

Aridane Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:36

Refund and relist, letting buyer know first

LeninaCrowne Fri 03-Feb-17 17:43:16

Thanks for the info!

I've decided to open a non-payment case and bite the bullet on feedback.
I don't give a shit if I never use eBay again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: