Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

No money in PayPal for first sale

(12 Posts)
conscientioussuicidee Sat 28-Jan-17 12:36:20

I sold my first item on eBay on 12th December. On a pay it now thing.

Had an email to say the buyer had paid and then somewhere read the funds would be held for a bit.

I then sold another item on auction on 18th Dec.

I checked my PayPal and I've got no payment for the first time. Looking up the fund holding thing it says three weeks so it's been too long for that.

Anyone got any idea ? Could buyer have not paid ?

OccasionalNachos Sat 28-Jan-17 12:42:08

Did you get an email. It's to say they had paid? Sounds like they haven't. Hope you've not sent the item!

GardenGeek Sat 28-Jan-17 12:42:32

DP says its weird. If it says they have paid, then they should have paid. As it wont give you they address details until they paid.

Buy it now also has to be paid immediately. Whereas auction the 'winner' can pay after the auction instead of immediately.

So its strange and should be in you paypal with (holding) in brackets like this next to it.

Its not the buyers fault though. So I would contact ebay and paypal and not bombard buyer as I doubt it has anything to do with them. They would have paid, otherwise they cant have 'bought it now'

OccasionalNachos Sat 28-Jan-17 12:42:37

Random "it's" in there, sorry

conscientioussuicidee Sat 28-Jan-17 12:46:56

Thanks. I can't see how they haven't paid if I got the email from eBay.

It happened really fast he emailed a question and then bought and paid quickly. He collected it in December.

I was looking at how you contact eBay last night. Is it best to ring?

GardenGeek Sat 28-Jan-17 13:02:08

Contact paypal first with any details from the ebay email of date/ time etc.

Then if paypal has no record then you can hunt down ebay for the answer.

SloanePeterson Sat 28-Jan-17 19:02:02

If he collected then unfortunately you probably won't see that money. He could have claimed not to have received it, and without a tracking number to show delivery, you haven't a leg to stand on.

GreatBritishBakeOff Sat 28-Jan-17 19:10:15

If you had an email saying it was paid, it would be marked as paid on the eBay listing - check that.
If it was your first ever eBay sale. They may have held the funds to ensure you are genuine, I've known them do this, and for longer than they need to. Definitely give eBay a call or ask for a call back from them.
It ought to say in paypal somewhere that it's 'pending' if I remember right

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Sat 28-Jan-17 21:19:17

Well you shouldn't have taken paypal for a collection item anyway! Normally it takes 28 days to get your payment when you are a new seller.

bbrisotto Sat 28-Jan-17 21:30:41

When I first started using PayPal for ebay my money was held by ebay for a few weeks until i had a few seller feedbacks and proved myself to be a genuine seller. I believe you can speed this up slightly by updating your advert when the item has been sold. After that initial phase money now goes straight through.

bbrisotto Sat 28-Jan-17 21:32:14

Srry that should say after the item has been sod you update to notify the buyer the item has been posted.

conscientioussuicidee Sat 04-Feb-17 17:36:48

I worked out the issue here. I called eBay and PayPal in the end.

I'd manage to forget (!) I've got two PayPal accounts. Had put one transaction down as one and the other was the one I remembered about.

So I've got the money now.

Idiot factor ! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now