Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collection in person and PayPal

(6 Posts)
wowfudge Thu 26-Jan-17 14:34:52

I am using the eBay android app and I find I cannot list items for sale which are collection in person only for cash on collection. The app forces me to tick the PayPal box too in order to list.

This isn't usually a problem as buyers usually want to see what they are getting before they pay. But, knowing the issues if a buyer pays by PayPal then claims not to have been able to collect I am keen to avoid those situations.

Any advice?

HeavenlyEyes Thu 26-Jan-17 14:47:40

write cash on collection only and if they pay by paypal refund and tell them to bring cash.

monkeywithacowface Thu 26-Jan-17 14:49:48

Just write cash on collection in the listing in capitol letters. If some pay via paypal refund and send them a message saying cash on collection

wowfudge Thu 26-Jan-17 15:20:06

Thanks - yes I can do that, was just thinking someone may know how to stop it from happening?

HeavenlyEyes Thu 26-Jan-17 15:23:57

there is no way to not have paypal offered - this is a loophold ebay won't warn sellers about. You just have to refund a buyer if they pay and insist on cash only.

wowfudge Fri 27-Jan-17 21:33:20

Ah - thanks Heavenly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now